• The KillerFrogs

Bye bye Cumbie...

Mean Purple

there is, of course, the possibility that the type of offense we are trying to run has played it self out in college.
It relies on some tempo, which we have not been getting up to for key stretches of games. AND, against big teams, if they can crash it in well and have a SAM that is fast and long. They get to the edges just as fast and are not to burdened by the run.

at which point, holy hell, we're screwed.

Wexahu

there is, of course, the possibility that the type of offense we are trying to run has played it self out in college.
It relies on some tempo, which we have not been getting up to for key stretches of games. AND, against big teams, if they can crash it in well and have a SAM that is fast and long. They get to the edges just as fast and are not to burdened by the run.

at which point, holy hell, we're screwed.

I would agree with you but I honestly can’t tell you what we’re trying to run. We run plain vanilla zone blocking running plays, an assortment of quick horizontal passes to WRs, and......well, hell i’m not even sure what else to add. We throw an occasional pass downfield but doesn’t everyone? More often than not, the QB drops back, doesn’t see anyone open, tries to escape pressure, and make chicken salad out of chicken [ Finebaum ]. We alternate from running up-tempo to going so slow our O-lineman are down in their stance for what seems like 20 seconds while all the skill guys look over to the sideline for instructions. It’s maddening. No one looks like they’ve got any conviction or a clue as to what we’re really trying to do. I’d like to think something is going to click eventually and we’ll establish an identity but I think I’ve lost hope, just seen it enough.

Mean Purple

I would agree with you but I honestly can’t tell you what we’re trying to run. We run plain vanilla zone blocking running plays, an assortment of quick horizontal passes to WRs, and......well, hell i’m not even sure what else to add. We throw an occasional pass downfield but doesn’t everyone? More often than not, the QB drops back, doesn’t see anyone open, tries to escape pressure, and make chicken salad out of chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. We alternate from running up-tempo to going so slow our O-lineman are down in their stance for what seems like 20 seconds while all the skill guys look over to the sideline for instructions. It’s maddening. No one looks like they’ve got any conviction or a clue as to what we’re really trying to do. I’d like to think something is going to click eventually and we’ll establish an identity but I think I’ve lost hope, just seen it enough.
Gotta hope the coaches have not lost this team ( on the O side). And GP would be included as part of that coach group as he is HC.

Mean Purple

Some of it was somewhat spot on, other parts were just Muck hating on TCU as usual.
However, the part about needing someone in there who knew about the Qb situation is just bad on GP. Dude is the head coach, how the hell does he not know about his qb.

Muck does mention the bad play calls, and the defensive let down, but does not mention the turnovers that put the D in a bad spot worth 10 points.

Wexahu

38 points should win you a game at home.

Patterson’s defense got absolutely gashed today.

Defense didn’t have their best game, that was obvious. Meanwhile, the offense ran 35 plays in the first half and completed one scheissing pass. ONE. Against SMU. With an Air Raid disciple coordinating the offense. How is that even possible?

And if we’re gonna be a run oriented team why the heck is Sonny Cumbie our coordinator? Look at our running game, there is no creativity or deception at all. Had Anderson not made an amazing job of shaking tackles and juking on his 77 yard run we’d have averaged 3 yards per carry.

Is there a plan in place? If there is I don’t know what it is.

jake102

Defense didn’t have their best game, that was obvious. Meanwhile, the offense ran 35 plays in the first half and completed one scheissing pass. ONE. Against SMU. With an Air Raid disciple coordinating the offense. How is that even possible?

And if we’re gonna be a run oriented team why the heck is Sonny Cumbie our coordinator? Look at our running game, there is no creativity or deception at all. Had Anderson not made an amazing job of shaking tackles and juking on his 77 yard run we’d have averaged 3 yards per carry.

Is there a plan in place? If there is I don’t know what it is.

Spot on