• The KillerFrogs

Bye bye Cumbie...

nwlafrog

What would Meach’s goal be? Score 45 against SMU!?

All of you offensive gurus hoping for Cumbie’s head need to realize what defensive genius just gave up 41 to a P5 school.

I’m with you. There’s no excuse to give up 41 at home.. maybe to the likes of Bama or Clemson or OU, but we got worked over at home by SMU.

I’ve been on the fire sonny train since last season and that isn’t going to change, however Gary’s defense let us down big time today. I know what to expect from SC and our offense and I thought that I knew what to expect from a GP defense against SMU.

Mean Purple

I want anyone aside from the offense line coach gone because they are a cancer that needs to be released. When Meach wanted to come back but these dip [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s said no, that tells you something
maybe they figured it would be obvious that they should have been gone and not Meach?

Frog-in-law1995

careful, I merely mentioned last week that Kansas is not a team that can't be taken lightly last week and the world erupted. "they only beat a 2-0 ACC team, etc."

We can beat them, but not if we play like today.

I disagree. SMU is better than Kansas. play like we did today and we likely beat Kansas by a touchdown or so.

TX_Krötenechse

34 points last week and everything is good.

38 this week and we need to fire the OC.

Makes sense. I'm not going to defend Cumbie because there was some bad stuff that happened but I'm also not sure that scoring 38 is reason to lose your job.
Who thought things were good last week? We completed like 7 passes against one of the worst pass defenses in the country. Cumbie got some credit because he stuck with what was working. He still didn’t seem to have any sort of actual game plan that took into account our strengths or their weaknesses

this week was just garbage. Sure we scored 38 points, but we left a lot on the field and had some drives that were inexcusably bad. He’s also responsible ultimately for offensive performance in general and our QB and WR situations are both dire.

of course can’t let Gary and his defense off the hook, because 38 points will win us most games. Total defensive failure tonight outside of a few good plays and fewer good drives.

we need a new offense. We need someone who actually knows how to be an OC and develop game plans and we need someone who can develop players. Cumbie can’t do either. We also need to clean house in the WR room because whatever they’re practicing isn’t working. Luper and Thomsen can stay.

Dusty

GP would be the first to say that we should have won with 38 points. And definitely a few more scores with better QB play. Plus his D should not have given up near that many points.

Collins should be sharing reps this week with Duggqan, in case Duggan has another bad start. His 56.4% completions with 6TDs/2ints/decent wheels(w/less OL), says he is an obvious 2 deep QB, from what we observed last year.

Collins was the best we had last year until he tore his throwing hand open. Collins should be the one starting.