• The KillerFrogs

Out coached, out schemed and out played

asleep003

SMU’s identity is their offense. They are a Sonny Dykes coach team for god sakes. They are gonna score on people. Getting 424 yards of offense when you are trying desperately to score for all 60 minutes and throwing for 188 yards and a 44% completion rate is BAD against a team like SMU.
So, are you saying we should give Collins 2 deep reps this week, since he had 56.% completion rate/6TDs to 2ints in a more adverse environment last year... plus having very decent wheels.

Wexahu

So, are you saying we should give Collins 2 deep reps this week, since he had 56.% completion rate/6TDs to 2ints in a more adverse environment last year... plus having very decent wheels.

Well, now that you bring it up, yes. Collins last year played QB better than anything we’ve gotten this year. Unless he’s regressed or is hurt, I don’t know why he hasn’t been given some PT.

LeagueCityFrog

I'm a return on investment guy, we are paying Cumbie top dollar for this "air raid" offense that was one of the worst statistically passing last year in all of the NCAA and is well on it's way to being awful at passing again this year. I'm not saying he needs to be fired.

They said this week that Meacham wasn't brought back this summer because of "personality conflicts" with some on the offensive staff. Meacham seem to have a better feel for the game and what his players could do and how to call plays. I vote we bring him back like tomorrow. His Facebook cover profile is still him wearing TCU. The players respected Meacham. Go bring him back Gary and save this offense.

Fortress Frog

So yeah our Defense had a bad game (by our standards. Gave up 31 points). But our offense, who plays in the Big 12 by the way, can’t step up and outmatch freaking SMU? That’s insane to me. Yeah a 45-41 victory ain’t pretty but good teams escape with wins like that all the time. Our defense is reliable enough to win games 80% of the time. That should be good enough for the offense to make up the rest. But that’s not happening.

VA Froggie

So yeah our Defense had a bad game (by our standards. Gave up 31 points). But our offense, who plays in the Big 12 by the way, can’t step up and outmatch freaking SMU? That’s insane to me. Yeah a 45-41 victory ain’t pretty but good teams escape with wins like that all the time. Our defense is reliable enough to win games 80% of the time. That should be good enough for the offense to make up the rest. But that’s not happening.
Let’s give Sonny a little credit, he had his team ready to play today, period.

Mean Purple

I'm a return on investment guy, we are paying Cumbie top dollar for this "air raid" offense that was one of the worst statistically passing last year in all of the NCAA and is well on it's way to being awful at passing again this year. I'm not saying he needs to be fired.

They said this week that Meacham wasn't brought back this summer because of "personality conflicts" with some on the offensive staff. Meacham seem to have a better feel for the game and what his players could do and how to call plays. I vote we bring him back like tomorrow. His Facebook cover profile is still him wearing TCU. The players respected Meacham. Go bring him back Gary and save this offense.
Somebody on here said he was at the game today?
I say bring him back. Yeah, it was a similar offense, but at least it was executed correctly. And the calls/schemes were way better. We actually had a better tempo (which this system really relies on).

LeagueCityFrog

Shout out to Garrett Wallow. 19 tackles tonight. Total stud game after game. Neither one of our starting defensive ends have a sack through three games. The Juco backup got his first one today.

And if Meacham was at the game tonight, he needs to be employed by TCU tomorrow and salvage this season.

puckster59

I heard coaches talk that this would serve as a lesson to players who didn’t practice with any purpose this week and that they have to get ready. There are some young players who need to learn that yes, but where were all the veterans and upperclassmen and the so-called leaders this week?

asleep003

Silly, an offense having a QB who played HS football 9 months ago... really.
Do we continue developing our probable future QB or do we put a more immediate upside QB, such as Collins in our 2 deep incase Duggan struggles again.

Mean Purple

Do we continue developing our probable future QB or do we put a more immediate upside QB, such as Collins in our 2 deep incase Duggan struggles again.
Who recruits these qb's? Who is the qb coach?
That we have been so down at qb for multiple seasons is brow raising. There are teams out there with a true frosh who are lighting it up. Granted, our rcvrs are playing substandard right now. But how do we not have other qb's developing?
The play calls did not help early in the game, and the rcvrs need to catch balls. But all of it is a continuing issue with this squad.

LVH

Shout out to Garrett Wallow. 19 tackles tonight. Total stud game after game. Neither one of our starting defensive ends have a sack through three games. The Juco backup got his first one today.

And if Meacham was at the game tonight, he needs to be employed by TCU tomorrow and salvage this season.

Our defensive ends were absolutely terrible today. Even when they were in position to make plays.

tetonfrog

Everyone who wants to bring Meach has forgotten the 6-7 year when we were just awful on offense. For those of who criticize the Sewo pass play seem to have forgotten that Meach's last season with the team was disaster in the red zone/short yardage. The two double reverses, the Wildfrog pass from Kyle Hicks against OSU. I could go on and on.

The reason to hire Meach back is he is a good WRs coach. Our WRs need all the help they can get.

tetonfrog

Is Collins healthy? He missed the spring game and the summer with a knee injury and was hurt again in two-a-days. I am not against another QB playing, but do you even know if he is healthy and can take reps in practice now?

Mean Purple

Everyone who wants to bring Meach has forgotten the 6-7 year when we were just awful on offense. For those of who criticize the Sewo pass play seem to have forgotten that Meach's last season with the team was disaster in the red zone/short yardage. The two double reverses, the Wildfrog pass from Kyle Hicks against OSU. I could go on and on.

The reason to hire Meach back is he is a good WRs coach. Our WRs need all the help they can get.
Shocked how bad rcvr play has been going back to last year. And we are not that injured this year.

asleep003

Is Collins healthy? He missed the spring game and the summer with a knee injury and was hurt again in two-a-days. I am not against another QB playing, but do you even know if he is healthy and can take reps in practice now?
He's been practicing for a month now. Suggest if Duggan struggles again, lets not dilly dally around.

asleep003

Who recruits these qb's? Who is the qb coach?
That we have been so down at qb for multiple seasons is brow raising. There are teams out there with a true frosh who are lighting it up. Granted, our rcvrs are playing substandard right now. But how do we not have other qb's developing?
The play calls did not help early in the game, and the rcvrs need to catch balls. But all of it is a continuing issue with this squad.
So you're suggesting Collins should be made available, if Duggan continues to struggle... or may not be quite ready to take over the offense yet..

Mean Purple

So you're suggesting Collins should be made available, if Duggan continues to struggle... or may not be quite ready to take over the offense yet..
whoever is healthy and playing best and gets it done, should get the start. I've said that since August. Collins has shown the game is not too big for him Sucked last year when his hand got injured and that stupid sideline tarp's edge. Then the other injury.
If he is playing better, put him in.