• The KillerFrogs

The offensive staff at TCU

Limey Frog

The offense put the defense in a pickle too many times. Fumble on the 4 and fumble around the 20. That was 11 points. Not kicking a FG on 4th down in the 3rd Qtr. What was that all about?

Every time we play them they come ready to play, pull some trick plays and we end up playing catch up. This time it was too late.

Yep. Defense wasn't perfect, but they got us back in it multiple times. Every opportunity was squandered by our attempting to establish the passing game first.

Mean Purple

This is the dumbest play calling I've ever witnessed. So help me, If I had a power position on this staff, I'd make changes to the OC dept tonight!
see, I don't get this view. Not saying I disagree, but it is the same play calling we have seen for multiple seasons. but, actually, as I think about it, if it is matching what we have seen recently, then it matches the dumbest you have ever witnessed.

so it's like the movie ground hog day. accept, we might not wake up to tomorrow … ever.

CountryFrog

We scored 34 last week and everyone seemed pretty happy. 38 this week and we need to fire the OC?

Seriously, 38 points has to be enough to beat people. The 4th & 1 call was horrendous, but at the end of the game we had over 400 yards and 38 points. We didn't play great but it should've been enough.

froginmn

Maybe the QB coach can work with a QB that had his first start. GD this board is scheissing insufferable.
This board's inability to say something bad about this particular QB is insufferable.

If it was Delton who went 16 of 36 for 188 yards and overthrew open receivers multiple times, there would be criticism.

4th. down

SMU has a highly talented senior QB. So you game plan to not give him the ball. Our line is bigger and we have two excellent RBs. Meanwhile our QB is a freshman and our receivers are dicey. So you run the ball on first down, then you run it again. Control the clock, control the game, keep their guy off the field. We got behind on trick play--always the achilles heel of this defensive scheme--then we played from behind all game long and the defense spent too long on the field. Yes, GP got outsmarted today. But this isn't about point totals--that stat doesn't tell you everything. The pattern of the game was exactly what Dykes would have wanted. We didn't establish our game, because Sonny doesn't want running the football to be our game. He's a Tech-Leach creature; he always will be, and I'm sick of it.

Limey, why would you apply common sense to this existing coaching staff?

LeagueCityFrog

We need to recalibrate here. TCU looked solid at Purdue. Won by 21. I didn't see any preseason magazines picking TCU to win the national championship with an unknown at quarterback. That being said, Gary will tighten up this defense. Go get Meacham and start making better offensive play calls and pace starting this week, go put Cumbie back up stairs in the box, and right this ship and compete for the Big XII conference championship riding Darius and Sewo and this offensive line to a title.

ticketfrog123

This board's inability to say something bad about this particular QB is insufferable.

If it was Delton who went 16 of 36 for 188 yards and overthrew open receivers multiple times, there would be criticism.

Sometimes we give people a break who graduated high school within the past year.

Gary/Cumbie cost us at least a FG by going wild frog pass. Duggan missed a TD thrown or 2 on drives we ended up punting

JugbandFrog

Sometimes we give people a break who graduated high school within the past year.

Gary/Cumbie cost us at least a FG by going wild frog pass. Duggan missed a TD thrown or 2 on drives we ended up punting

Most of Duggan’s mistakes can be put on inexperience/nerves

1) Throw too high, but to the OPEN receiver. Except for this f$&)ing fades, I hate the fades.
but not throwing into double coverage, making too many crazy throws.

2) Does NOT throw off his back foot.

3) He is actually looking for receivers and trusting his protection. They let him down a couple of times, especially Ware on blitz pickup.

4) He has a lot of pride. You can tell. Being good matters to him. You can see it when he is on the sidelines.

CountryFrog

Most of Duggan’s mistakes can be put on inexperience/nerves

1) Throw too high, but to the OPEN receiver. Except for this f$&)ing fades, I hate the fades.
but not throwing into double coverage, making too many crazy throws.

2) Does NOT throw off his back foot.

3) He is actually looking for receivers and trusting his protection. They let him down a couple of times, especially Ware on blitz pickup.

4) He has a lot of pride. You can tell. Being good matters to him. You can see it when he is on the sidelines.
I agree with a lot of this but since the long TD in the APB game, he's about 0 for 7 on hitting receivers downfield behind the defense. You can't expect a young QB to hit all those throws but at some point you can no longer say "hey he's young and overthrows people sometimes." If he's going to be the QB then we have to hit some of those throws. The missed pass to A. Davis in the end zone was an absolute killer. And he's launched about 4 passes 5 yards past Reagor in the last couple games that all could've been TD's with better throws.