• The KillerFrogs

On a positive note

robbroyy

Duggan looked MUCH more comfortable the second half. We started to see what this offense can become.

Unfortunately once the offense started picking it up, the defense couldn’t stop the deep ball. Hopefully Scott and Lewis coming back will help.

SMU would probably be 4th in the Big 12 this year. Can’t compete with UT, OU or OKST, but are explosive enough to compete with the rest.

This is definitely a bad loss, but after the first half not thinking we had a QB to ending the game starting to see things click a bit for Duggan was a good step in the right direction

jake102

He still throws high, every single throw. It’s insane at this point. Missed deep ball over and over and over.

Definitely better but SMU also adjusted defense towards the end, played a safer, deeper defense.

Stack 11 guys in the box, TCU will have trouble completing 30% of passes and overthrow every deep ball

TX_Krötenechse

Offense looked much better but Duggan still wasn’t making great passes.

Last week’s bad passing numbers were mostly on the receivers - tonight was mostly on Duggan. I still think he will settle in and become a great QB, but this was a bad performance.

robbroyy

Offense looked much better but Duggan still wasn’t making great passes.

Last week’s bad passing numbers were mostly on the receivers - tonight was mostly on Duggan. I still think he will settle in and become a great QB, but this was a bad performance.
You can tell they aren’t allowing him to read the defense. Too many times he was going to one guy no matter what. I think as it slows down more and more he’ll be able to have different options to go to

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Duggan looked MUCH more comfortable the second half. We started to see what this offense can become.
He did look more comfortable in the second half
Unfortunately once the offense started picking it up, the defense couldn’t stop the deep ball. Hopefully Scott and Lewis coming back will help.

SMU would probably be 4th in the Big 12 this year. Can’t compete with UT, OU or OKST, but are explosive enough to compete with the rest.

This is definitely a bad loss, but after the first half not thinking we had a QB to ending the game starting to see things click a bit for Duggan was a good step in the right direction
He was given a dead rat of a game plan in the first half and was expected to make a turkey dinner out of ir

Atomic Frawg

I just can't see how people are saying the offense looked much better. Outside of Anderson, there's been nothing glowing about our offense that we haven't seen in the past already. We have always known that we can dink and dunk the ball down the field. The biggest issues were hitting seem passes. So what we saw tonight is basically the same type of offense that we've been used to seeing, he just finally was able to run it in the fourth quarter. If he cannot throw deep, then Sonny should have adjusted and he should have started doing those type of plays way earlier in the game.

MTfrog5

I do think this game helped Duggan more than we know. Sucks we lost and I honestly can’t get over not being out our kicker to try for OT more than anything

Mean Purple

On a positive note, at least we are not the Irish's TE. That poor guy could not have had a bigger false start in the 2nd quarter had he walked over to the secondary and taken a dump before the snap of the ball.

Mean Purple

:)