• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

Atomic Frawg

I often wonder if SC just scripts a whole game and the plays we hit on are just the "stopped clock being right twice a day" type thing. Because it does not seem to be situational football out there.

These kids deserve better.

You are exactly right. I remember the first game that Notion played down in Austin. We ran the ball like 90% of that game because it was effective and working. When we have offensive strategies that were working, like last year when Tech came to town and they had one of the worst run defenses in the nation, the first series we ran the ball down their throats. Then we got cute. We do well between the20s, but when we get to the Red Zone we try to get too cute and forget what got us there in the first place. If you have a first-and-goal from the three, you tell your lineman and you're 240 lb running back that if we can't get 1 yard per play for three straight plays then we're kicking a field goal. Instead, we over think things and leave points on the board. The Sewo pass is a 3rd down play AT BEST.

netty2424

Patterson will blame the players for not getting set up or reading the plays but the bottom line is we are not well coached on either side of the ball.
He said they didn’t practice well all week. Had no energy. Took off the pads a day early to try and give the guys a spark.

Didn’t work.

TCUWIN

Then give Griffin Kell a shout. Not like TCU hasn't used two kickers before.
I believe he said the other guy was not ready. I don’t know if he couldn’t find his helmet or had to go to the bathroom. But sounds like the coaches weren’t prepared for a potential game winner from outside 42 yards.

AroundWorldFrog

I guess I'm glad that someone stopped by to look at a motorcycle I'm selling. Rang the doorbell on 1st down on the last drive. Figured I'd come back in to a win and rewatch it or a loss and I didn't have to see it. I really thought with 2nd and 5, we'd be good.