• The KillerFrogs

Bye bye Cumbie...

Punter1

OCs are measured on how they do on short yardage plays...he [ Finebaum ] the bed all game.

Anything would have been better then the WildFrog Pass or that last 4th down call. Anything. Literally darning anything. We have the best RB in the country, a big OL and we run cute passes on both.

We should have some creative yet safe short yardage plays with our RBs and TEs and those last two were darning awful...

He does deserve to be a D1 playcaller with those 2 efforts....

Wexahu

OCs are measured on how they do on short yardage plays...he [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] the bed all game.

Anything would have been better then the WildFrog Pass or that last 4th down call. Anything. Literally darning anything. We have the best RB in the country, a big OL and we run cute passes on both.

We should have some creative yet safe short yardage plays with our RBs and TEs and those last two were darning awful...

He does deserve to be a D1 playcaller with those 2 efforts....

We run either extremely basic zone blocking plays or cute tricked up crap in the running game. Nothing in between. At least that’s why I see. I agree, the short yardage stuff is brutal.

CountryFrog

We scored 38 points and could've had more if not for countless missed throws by the QB. The 4th & 1 call was horrendous and inexcusable. But a few plays before he called a play that got a wide open WR in the end zone and the QB missed him by 5 yards.

Of course SC is also the QB coach so there's that. But if we get 38 points from our offense then we've gotta win every single time.

EVOfrogMR

Our offense has been lost since Boykin graduated. Even when we do well it's predictable and when it doesn't go well its frustrating as hell. Cumbie is a great recruiter sure, but his play design and play calling is garbage. Its been frustrating year after year. Yes we have a fresh QB but the play calls, routes, ect don't put him in a position to succeed. That's on Cumbie. Even if they'd bailed this game out, he needs to go.

Ultimately though this is on GP. He's gotta realize his OC, who is a good person, a goof recruiter, just isn't a good OC. Dykes flat owned GP today.

RebelFrog

I am amazed how our receivers had such a hard time getting open. It was like they knew our plays.

This.

Either no one thought about it or we didn’t change things around enough. Every defender was basically in more or less decent position on the ball damn near every offensive play. A lot of yardage was picked up tonight from raw talent and some luck, not scheme.

Whatever it is, it’s inexcusable.

TCUWIN

I am amazed how our receivers had such a hard time getting open. It was like they knew our plays.
Our receivers haven’t been open much the past few years. When they are open, it’s because they are just faster than the opponent. I would bet the fade is the most thrown pass this year so far for TCU. And I am sure I am wrong, but I can’t think of one that was completed. But we never have double moves. Very average scheme.

LisaLT

Cumbie on his own is no bueno; as a tandem with Meacham, it worked. But of course Boykin was a big part of that early success. We are hindered right now by a freshman learning on the go. In a perfect world, he would have redshirted and Collins or Robinson would start. It’s a lot of pressure for a very green QB. He flashes moments of skilled throws and nice runs, but under pressure he doesn’t see open receivers or sails the ball over their heads. This can be improved with time and experience.

In the meantime it’s going to be a frustrating season.

247 put these as possible candidates:

Will Hall, Offensive Coordinator, Tulane

Kalen DeBoer, Offensive Coordinator, Indiana

Grant Chesnut - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach, Kennesaw State

Christian Taylor - Assistant Coach, Offensive Coordinator / QB, San Diego

Russ Callaway - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks, Samford

Shane Montgomery - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Youngstown State