• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

puckster59

Receivers needed to see on fourth down what the situation was and quickly get three yards into open space. No one did. That the best option was a wheel lob to a RB who had no chance to get there says everything.

Moose Stuff

WHY the scheiss did we not take the points on the Wildfrog disaster!!! Just a horrible decision

I have zero problem with going for it there. The play call was among the worst I’ve ever seen though. Defense then makes it tragic by letting SMU blow through them for 90 yards and a TD. As mad as everyone is about the offense/playcalling the defense is equally to blame for this loss.

Horny 4 Life

If the Freshman QB doesnt do freshman QB things, we win this game. Too many bad passes and some.missed reads.

The coaching staff bungled the summer up by giving Delton 1st team reps. I think that's probably on Gary because that just feels like a GP decision.

The good news is that Duggan will get better. The bad news is that boneheaded offensive coaching may continue to get in his way.

TCUWIN

Receivers needed to see on fourth down what the situation was and quickly get three yards into open space. No one did. That the best option was a wheel lob to a RB who had no chance to get there says everything.
Notice they had two defenders on the wheel route. How come we couldn’t stop it when they called it?

LVH

It was completely obvious they were going to send the house there. Where was the screen play call? Instead we are acting like we needed 15 yards with a drop back. Stupid.

Wexahu

I have zero problem with going for it there. The play call was among the worst I’ve ever seen though. Defense then makes it tragic by letting SMU blow through them for 90 yards and a TD. As mad as everyone is about the offense/playcalling the defense is equally to blame for this loss.

I suspected our defense was going to have some problems. SD knows offense, he’s got a QB that can execute, and he knows our tendencies. Completing 1 pass the entire first half against that rag tag bunch and fumbling at the 2 yard line is what cost us the game IMO. Defense had some lapses for sure but I think in 90 degree heat and humidity you almost have to expect that to happen, especially when your offense can’t stay on the field

TCUWIN

I know I need to stop, but...I am so frustrated with the direction of the program. Seems like the same thing every year. Lots of hype. Lose a ton of players to injuries. Offense lacks any creativity and becomes stale. Defense become predictable and fails to get key stops. Finish anywhere with 4-6 wins and repeat the next season. Someone tell me that they see something that is going to make this cycle change.

Froggish

No doubt....Plenty of blame to go around. But if I’m not taking the points I sure as hell not taking the ball out of the QBs hands...Believe it or not the 3rd down call with Delton was even worse.

On both calls everybody in the entire stadium new what was happening.

Strat Frog

When we last lost to SMU in 2011, we won the rest of our games that season. Granted, it was the MWC, but we did. Don’t give up, Horned Frogs and fans, we’ll bounce back here, too. This loss will sting for a while, as it should, but we’re going to learn from this and bounce back. Keep the faith, and keep supporting our team.

Mean Purple

SEWI is a fumble machine. When you really need him he delivers a fumble for our opponent. The guy needs to back off the weights and develop some flexibility and touch.
This game was lost in the first “fumble” quarter!
DA had his share of it in close games before as well. The fact that coaches have yet to get on these kids about how they carry the ball is just undarningreal.

Putting in rcvrs who are not giving the effort when they should be on the bench. It is the same ole thing year in year out now.