• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

FrogbyChoice

I just watched at least 4 SMU band members pull something from their pocket and drop ex rye seed. Or maybe it was a better offensive game plan for our OC.

Mean Purple

If Frogs cut out the turnovers, we are probably up 7 at the half. That being said, we need to see more fight from the team across the board in the 2nd half. Right now, SMU wants this game more than we do. That has to change in the 2nd half. The law of averages says we will see them struggle more in the 2nd half and we need to take advantage.

The coaches decided to stick with Duggan despite him struggling so hopefully he can calm down in the 2nd half and we can see the rest of the offense rally around him. On defense, we just need to disrupt Buechele's timing a little more and we should have improved results. Dee Winters is showing up again but we need some of our other players to follow suit.

Ball security has been an issue for a long time. Everybody carries it like a loaf of bread. Nobody tucks it up high. This has not improved in more than 4 years. So I don't expect it to change. Defense just getting handled today.

LVH

Anyone remember our 1st half at OU in 2013. We didnt even record a single first down in that half. But I think the half we just had was worse when taking into account opponent.

I'm really becoming concerned that GP has peaked as a coach. We haven't had a dominating defense for a number of years. Our recruiting has slipped. And he's allowed our offense to become mired in mediocrity. He is not wiling to confront his assistants. Maybe what we're seeing now is how it's going to be until he retires. Hope I'm wrong. Hope he still has both fire and the moxie to move this program forward. But we need to see it soon.

Gringo1873

I'm really becoming concerned that GP has peaked as a coach. We haven't had a dominating defense for a number of years. Our recruiting has slipped. And he's allowed our offense to become mired in mediocrity. He is not wiling to confront his assistants. Maybe what we're seeing now is how it's going to be until he retires. Hope I'm wrong. Hope he still has both fire and the moxie to move this program forward. But we need to see it soon.
I think we had the best defense in Big 12 last year.

Pharm Frog

Said it before. Will say it again. Sometimes your Moses needs his Joshua

LVH

I’ve been saying it for 2 years Cumbie freaking sucks. As long as he’s here we will continue to roll out this pathetic offense. It’s on Gary now for allowing this to continue.

This is what I was saying in 2017 when we couldnt move the ball against that historically bad Oklahoma defense, twice.

smufrogger

Hopefully he doesn’t pull a jones