• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

LVH

Our defensive tackles aren't playing bad but they keep getting double teamed. Linebackers and defensive ends aren't stepping up

SMU basically has 3 big plays on offense today. The trick play, the jump ball and the 3rd down conversion to the wide open guy on a stop route where Innis Gaines bit on the run fake.

Brog

The score is bad enough, but to hear one announcer say we now have "our quarterback 0f the future", I'm heading for the margarita bottle.

Moose Stuff

Honestly the offense this year and last is just as bad as it was in 2013, and it’s probably going to take another 4-8 season to get Gary to clean house.

the good news is that at this rate, Blacklock and Reagor aren’t going to have good enough seasons to declare early

That 4-8 team was way more talented than their record showed and this one certainly has way more talent than the score today reflects. Problem with that is that team was young and almost all of them returned in 2014. This team has a chance to lose all of its 5-7 best players.

TX_Krötenechse

Have no idea why boos aren’t raining down.

As long as we don’t keep talking about all this talent at the WR position that’s being wasted, I agree. I’m not seeing squat from that corps and haven’t in quite some time
Well I don’t think it’s acceptable to boo our own team. We need to support them even when they’re bad.

that said I fully agree about the receivers. Last year we had Reagor and Turpin. Before that we had Turpin, then Doctson and Listenbee. We haven’t been able to get consistent production out of the whole WR corps since ... 2010? 2011?

Mean Purple

Have no idea why boos aren’t raining down.

As long as we don’t keep talking about all this talent at the WR position that’s being wasted, I agree. I’m not seeing squat from that corps and haven’t in quite some time
Agreed. They don't seem to work for passes at all. Only catch what hits them in the hands softly when wide open. They don't get the tough ones.

For a school making that Big 12 money, our assistants are not at the level they should be. GP is paid to win, not run a assistant coach developmental program. And, like folks mentioned in recent years, as long as SC runs this same offensive nonsense, it will not change.

BABYFACE

Suggested earlier this week that TCU could not fall far behind for a third time in a row to SMU early in the game, because the Ponies are good enough now to hold that lead. Now, I am more concerned if the offense today is capable of scoring 40 plus points. I think it is going to take 45 minimum for the Frogs to win today.

Scheiss Smu.

Pharm Frog

Well I don’t think it’s acceptable to boo our own team. We need to support them even when they’re bad.

that said I fully agree about the receivers. Last year we had Reagor and Turpin. Before that we had Turpin, then Doctson and Listenbee. We haven’t been able to get consistent production out of the whole WR corps since ... 2010? 2011?

Sometimes the best support is candor IMO.

Mean Purple

Suggested earlier this week that TCU could not fall far behind for a third time in a row to SMU early in the game, because the Ponies are good enough now to hold that lead. Now, I am more concerned if the offense today is capable of scoring 40 plus points. I think it is going to take 45 minimum for the Frogs to win today.

Scheiss Smu.
Will take 50 to win this game. And our offense does not yet look capable of doing that.