• The KillerFrogs

Club Seats Questions

gdu

I don’t think he saying he doesn’t get why some people like the club

I think he is saying that people that want those things over watching the game from a seat should not be given the best seats in the entire stadium since the actual game is not as important to them and you can watch it on tv in air conditioning from anywhere

I agree with him - and I have west side club seats.

CDC should have put the west side club in the 300s or even in the north end zone because it’s a waste for it to be the 200s on the west side
Nobody's going to pay $5k+ per seat to sit in the nosebleeds. the club seats are located exactly where every other team building a new stadium puts them and exactly where they should be.

Plenty of seats with great sidelines for the diehards on the east side 100 and 200 levels. If we had as many hardcore football fans as maniac seems to think we do, a little sun shouldn't stop any of them.

I do agree with his criticism of the west side 100 level, though. It is truly a waste have only 75% or so as many seats as it should in a prime seating area and it smacks of cheapness and laziness to not redo the concrete/seating for the entire 100 level with the reno job, but those sections in particular.

But it is what it is at this point and talking about it isn't going to change anything.

gdu

For those familiar with the club seats...

Food and drink offering/selection/quality?

Any difference in catering quality end zone club versus standard club in the 200s?

Which seats to get in either section? Shaded vs unshaded? Any close enough you could draft some a/c from the inside?

Assume you get happy hour for $5 beer as well?

Thanks in advance... Have looked everywhere but can't get good data. Appreciate it.
I think the food was best in the 1st 2 seasons after the west side club opened, but it still pretty good considering the variety, how many people are served in such a short time, and that you are in a football stadium.

The food in the end zone club is the same as the west side last time I checked (but I haven't been in the end zone club in several seasons).

Our seats are row 5, which is a really nice view. The top row or 2 is always shaded (and the shade comes fast for 6pm+ games), but I prefer the better sightlines of being down low as I am one that is basically always in my seat when the game is on (save potty breaks with the kids).

flyfishingfrog

Nobody's going to pay $5k+ per seat to sit in the nosebleeds. the club seats are located exactly where every other team building a new stadium puts them and exactly where they should be.

Plenty of seats with great sidelines for the diehards on the east side 100 and 200 levels. If we had as many hardcore football fans as maniac seems to think we do, a little sun shouldn't stop any of them.

I do agree with his criticism of the west side 100 level, though. It is truly a waste have only 75% or so as many seats as it should in a prime seating area and it smacks of cheapness and laziness to not redo the concrete/seating for the entire 100 level with the reno job, but those sections in particular.

But it is what it is at this point and talking about it isn't going to change anything.
Your are right - people won’t pay $5k, they will actually pay $10k instead and to sit in the 300s and even on the wrong side- given that is where the east side club is and it basically sold out

And no - most new clubs are not being built the entire home side of a stadium in the second level

I have the opportunity to travel to a lot of other stadiums - like over 50 different ones in the last 10 years and I generally sit in pretty high end seats based on the donor level of my hosts - I have yet to sit in a club that runs the entire length of the field and takes up the entire second deck besides ours

Most of those stadiums have been upgraded not torn down and rebuilt - but please tell me what other stadium gave up the entire 200 level of seats on the home team side for a club besides TCU?

gdu

Your are right - people won’t pay $5k, they will actually pay $10k instead and to sit in the 300s and even on the wrong side- given that is where the east side club is and it basically sold out

And no - most new clubs are not being built the entire home side of a stadium in the second level

I have the opportunity to travel to a lot of other stadiums - like over 50 different ones in the last 10 years and I generally sit in pretty high end seats based on the donor level of my hosts - I have yet to sit in a club that runs the entire length of the field and takes up the entire second deck besides ours

Most of those stadiums have been upgraded not torn down and rebuilt - but please tell me what other stadium gave up the entire 200 level of seats on the home team side for a club besides TCU?
Basically every stadium built (not renovated) since 2010 that has the fanbase to support it. 1 club seats brings in 5+x the revenue of every non-club seat, so why would anyone not build a stadium this way?

9652762.jpeg

The new Austin FC stadium is also 100% club seats on the west side 200 level.

TCU is probably more topheavy than most fanbases in the country in terms of ratio of ticketbuyers that can (and want to) buy club tix.

And your point about the eastside just backs up mine. The east side club is only that expensive bc of the waiting list on the west side. If CDC had known that we were going to be in the B12 when the stadium was designed, he probably would have doubled the WS club size or included the east club from the beginning.

gdu

could do all of that if the club was in the 400s even

We did all that when the only club was south endzone

Again I don’t think that is maniacs point
Sure, some people would buy those tix for the amenities, but that ignores people like me. I bought WC club tix because that is the view I want. Sure, the other stuff is nice, but that isn't why I wanted to sit there. That is why I didn't buy endzone club tix even though the amenities are the same.

Gringo1873

I own two club seats.
Originally I bought them in the end zone so I would gave a comfortable place to take Dad.

When the new west side club opened, Dad had passed but TCU offered a really nice package to move into the west side. So I picked out two seats on the front row about the 27 yard line, middle of the row....
Go Frogs!

Beautiful post. The love for your father and for the Frogs brought a tear to my eye. Post of the year.

flyfishingfrog

Basically every stadium built (not renovated) since 2010 that has the fanbase to support it. 1 club seats brings in 5+x the revenue of every non-club seat, so why would anyone not build a stadium this way?

9652762.jpeg

The new Austin FC stadium is also 100% club seats on the west side 200 level.

TCU is probably more topheavy than most fanbases in the country in terms of ratio of ticketbuyers that can (and want to) buy club tix.

And your point about the eastside just backs up mine. The east side club is only that expensive bc of the waiting list on the west side. If CDC had known that we were going to be in the B12 when the stadium was designed, he probably would have doubled the WS club size or included the east club from the beginning.
you don’t read well

Didn’t say no club - said ours is in the worst place possible

What the hell is Austin FC? And mostly who cares if it’s not college football

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Sure, some people would buy those tix for the amenities, but that ignores people like me. I bought WC club tix because that is the view I want. Sure, the other stuff is nice, but that isn't why I wanted to sit there. That is why I didn't buy endzone club tix even though the amenities are the same.
So you are one of the 500 people actually in your seats?

Again argue all you want - the reality is less than half our club seats get used during the game so the proof is in reality not some dream you have

nwlafrog

scheiss off man. Don’t intend to be confrontational? That’s some nasty half assed passive aggressive [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

Because I was annoyed with the whining for the millionth time and that he came in here and said darn the country club fan base and country club seating to a guy simply asking for advice? I think I’ll stay.

gdu

So you are one of the 500 people actually in your seats?

Again argue all you want - the reality is less than half our club seats get used during the game so the proof is in reality not some dream you have
You and maniac would have a point if butts in seats mattered.

The goal is college football is to win games and make money (and maybe not in that order). Club seats in prime spots helps that. Period.

The only empty seats that ever really bothered me are the ones on the eastside, since that's where the tv cameras point.

And, honestly, I quit worrying about that a long time ago. I love TCU football games and I couldn't care less who doesn't. A lot of things more important than TCU football though, starting with family. If someone has to miss a game to be with sick family member or to go to kid's soccer game or whatever, more power to them. If they have club seats, at least they gave TCU $1k for that seat they aren't using.

flyfishingfrog

You and maniac would have a point if butts in seats mattered.

The goal is college football is to win games and make money (and maybe not in that order). Club seats in prime spots helps that. Period.

The only empty seats that ever really bothered me are the ones on the eastside, since that's where the tv cameras point.

And, honestly, I quit worrying about that a long time ago. I love TCU football games and I couldn't care less who doesn't. A lot of things more important than TCU football though, starting with family. If someone has to miss a game to be with sick family member or to go to kid's soccer game or whatever, more power to them. If they have club seats, at least they gave TCU $1k for that seat they aren't using.

Oh geez - so dumb I don’t know where to even start so I will just say bless your heart and have a nice day do you feel ok

Big Frog II

One reason there are "empty" seats in the club section is that there are bar stools and tables across the entire length of the club. Those people have to have outside seats, but choose to occupy those inside seats the duration of the game. So in affect they are there, just watching from inside.

Regardless, these seats and the suites are the reason we can keep up with the Jones in college football. Without them, we couldn't because we don't have a huge alumni base, just a wealthy one.

tcumaniac

Because I was annoyed with the whining for the millionth time and that he came in here and said darn the country club fan base and country club seating to a guy simply asking for advice? I think I’ll stay.
I get your grievance, but just to be completely fair, I initial post was after reading westiverhillbilly’s comment, which I guess you could say “triggered” me.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I get your grievance, but just to be completely fair, I initial post was after reading westiverhillbilly’s comment, which I guess you could say “triggered” me.
Out of all the things said in this thread the most ridiculous is you admitting to being triggered.