• The KillerFrogs

Week 4 Score Prediction Contest: TCU vs SMU

Tumbleweed

TCU 45
SMU 40

Frogs win in OT

Anything can and will happen between these two. Ninety nine times these two have played and when you think the Frogs will take it, then the unthinkable happens.

nwlafrog

TCU - 35
SMU - 21

175yds rushing

Hot take: They will sell out to stop the run and force us to open the book juuuuust a bit

Ron Swanson

TCU 45
SMU 40

Frogs win in OT

I’m not sure that score is possible in OT.
It’s 38-38 at the end of regulation. Team A gets the ball first in overtime and they score a touchdown and make the extra point. Team B then gets their chance to match Team A’s overtime touchdown but they throw an interception. Instead of just taking a knee after making the interception, the defender for Team A who made the interception tries to return it. He gets all the way down to the opposing team’s 1 yard line but then he fumbles. The fumble is recovered by Team B. While trying to return the recovered fumble, the Team B player establishes himself outside of the end zone, but then in an act of desperation, he ends up going backwards into the end zone and gets tackled for a safety.

45-40

Frog-in-law1995

I always struggle on these threads trying to make my prediction. Do I predict what I think the score is actually going to be, or do I put down some off-the-wall score with the hopes that something unpredictable happens and then I might actually win this prediction thread.

Cause the chances of me being the guy whose very reasonable prediction ends up being closest to correct (when there are about 30 predictions within a couple points of mine) is extremely low. I basically have to nail the score to the point. But if I were to put some off the wall prediction every game (or losses) all year long where no other poster is ever close to my prediction, there’s a decent chance a crazy game or two happen and I get lucky.

Granted, winning this thread means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme, so I’m not losing any sleep over this debate, but it’s something I think about.

This is pretty much my thought process for March Madness every year. C’mon Bethune-Cookman!

Froginbedford

It’s 38-38 at the end of regulation. Team A gets the ball first in overtime and they score a touchdown and make the extra point. Team B then gets their chance to match Team A’s overtime touchdown but they throw an interception. Instead of just taking a knee after making the interception, the defender for Team A who made the interception tries to return it. He gets all the way down to the opposing team’s 1 yard line but then he fumbles. The fumble is recovered by Team B. While trying to return the recovered fumble, the Team B player establishes himself outside of the end zone, but then in an act of desperation, he ends up going backwards into the end zone and gets tackled for a safety.

45-40

I hope it's on Sports Center....

helcap

The last two trips to the Carter SMU scored 36 and 37 points. Fortunately the Frogs scored 56 in both games. Can this Offense put up that many points? I tend to believe not. So hopefully the Defense will do better. TCU wins but the Ponies beat the spread

TCU 31
SMU 24
TCU rushing yardage 141

Frog-in-law1995

45-40

Tied at 40 going to overtime. Team A kicks a field goal. Team B’s first snap is over the qb’s head and in the ensuing chase, it keeps getting knocked backwards and ends up going out of the back of the end zone 75 yards away. 45-40.