• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Eight

I don't disagree with anything you said. However, they can't let this slide. This garnered way too much national attention.

The difference this time are the FBI wiretaps. Those conversations can't be disputed. I was privy to some information about one of the schools that has been mentioned (NCAA is investigating) and it's pretty damning.

They may not cripple any of the schools with massive penalties but I think there are going to be several very high profile coaches out of work pretty soon.

nevin shapiro laid out everything on how the money was funneled when miami was already on probation. luther campbell offered to chime in as well and lay out how he provided money and other things to recruits.

the whole freaking nine yards and nothing happened.

unc admitted to creating classes and nothing happened. there were stacks of documents and nothing happened.

seriously, how in the world does sean miller even have a job if the wire taps are that damning/

the problem is the ncaa investigators aren't trial lawyers and as has been showed multiple times in the past their investigation work is often sloppy and the investigators don't hold up when confronted by a 4 figure an hour litigator.

as i said before, please let me know when schools like unc, duke, kentucky and such get hammered.

Skip Jansen

nevin shapiro laid out everything on how the money was funneled when miami was already on probation. luther campbell offered to chime in as well and lay out how he provided money and other things to recruits.

the whole freaking nine yards and nothing happened.

unc admitted to creating classes and nothing happened. there were stacks of documents and nothing happened.

seriously, how in the world does sean miller even have a job if the wire taps are that damning/

the problem is the ncaa investigators aren't trial lawyers and as has been showed multiple times in the past their investigation work is often sloppy and the investigators don't hold up when confronted by a 4 figure an hour litigator.

as i said before, please let me know when schools like unc, duke, kentucky and such get hammered.

Everything you said is true. The difference this time is the FBI's involvement. They did a lot of the NCAA's investigative work for them. And their work isn't sloppy. They have subpoena power and are not liable to lawsuits.

Look, I'm not disagreeing with you about the UNC or Miami cases. I just think that the case has gotten so much attention that the NCAA feels they have to do something this time. They know they are under the microscope. That, along with the fact that the NCAA has talked publicly about 6-8 schools having major violation allegations coming (and head coaches will be held responsible), tells me that this is real.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Francis Xav

Everything you said is true. The difference this time is the FBI's involvement. They did a lot of the NCAA's investigative work for them. And their work isn't sloppy. They have subpoena power and are not liable to lawsuits.

Look, I'm not disagreeing with you about the UNC or Miami cases. I just think that the case has gotten so much attention that the NCAA feels they have to do something this time. They know they are under the microscope. That, along with the fact that the NCAA has talked publicly about 6-8 schools having major violation allegations coming (and head coaches will be held responsible), tells me that this is real.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Is there anything TCU should be worried about?

Rose Bowl

This has a chance to be a very good recruiting class. Maybe not as good as last year, but good nonetheless.

Skip, what do you think we will prioritize with our two remaining schollys? I have to think wings and maybe a guard. I’m hoping for a couple of long wings with the ability to guard multiple positions.

Skip Jansen

Skip, what do you think we will prioritize with our two remaining schollys? I have to think wings and maybe a guard. I’m hoping for a couple of long wings with the ability to guard multiple positions.

I think they would like to bring in a 4 with some length that can play out on the floor and a wing that can stretch the floor from behind the line. Always looking for a ball handler that is a difference maker but they like the two they signed last year.

Rose Bowl

I think they would like to bring in a 4 with some length that can play out on the floor and a wing that can stretch the floor from behind the line. Always looking for a ball handler that is a difference maker but they like the two they signed last year.

I think we need guys who have defensive flexibility are really important. A guy who can guard the 3, 4 or 5 would be worth his weight in gold. A knockdown shooter would be awesome. I want Peavy for that position.

Skip Jansen

I don't disagree with anything you said. However, they can't let this slide. This garnered way too much national attention.

The difference this time are the FBI wiretaps. Those conversations can't be disputed. I was privy to some information about one of the schools that has been mentioned (NCAA is investigating) and it's pretty damning.

They may not cripple any of the schools with massive penalties but I think there are going to be several very high profile coaches out of work pretty soon.

Ouch!

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ka...-lack-of-institutional-control-210015300.html

Brog

Hey, just got my first offer to buy tickets for the TCU/USC basketball game Dec. 6th, 8 PM, Dickies Arena. I can sit floor level for just $100 a ticket, one notch higher for $75 a ticket, still higher for $55, or nose-bleed level for just $30 bucks a ticket. Me, wife, 3 grandkids for just $150 if we sit way up there. Makes me look back on the cost of season tickets in Schollmaier arena. Oh, well....

Rose Bowl

Hey, just got my first offer to buy tickets for the TCU/USC basketball game Dec. 6th, 8 PM, Dickies Arena. I can sit floor level for just $100 a ticket, one notch higher for $75 a ticket, still higher for $55, or nose-bleed level for just $30 bucks a ticket. Me, wife, 3 grandkids for just $150 if we sit way up there. Makes me look back on the cost of season tickets in Schollmaier arena. Oh, well....

That doesn’t seem too out of line. Hopefully there will be a good crowd for what seems like a very good matchup.

Rose Bowl

I see where Iowa St had a guy get a waiver and was wondering if we even tried to get waivers for Easley and Ladee? Both would be really welcome additions.