• The KillerFrogs

Our weakest Link - prefered 4 wideouts for SMU

Realtorfrog

Saw several passes across the middle..... yes they were dropped but it’s a start....... hopefully more reps and they get comfortable.

Paint It Purple

I have thought of this rule too. It should be like when Andy Dalton would get benched if he threw a pick. But this time with receivers where if they drop the ball, they get pulled. Then, you just give extra playing time to those who actually catch it. If we have another showing like at Purdue, I will be wishing walk-ons get a shot.

In the meantime, maybe add a few more football catching drills in practice like say this: https://www.stack.com/a/catch-football-drills
Saw a story about Redskins WR Terry McLaurin-Ohio State. Story goes that Urban Meyer told the highly recruited McLaurin that he would not get a OSU scholarship offer, unless he vastly improved his ball catching ability. Apparently, the young McLaurin went to work and did just that. So I guess ball catching skills can be improved.

4th. down

It's not a "teaching" thing by the time they get to this level. There is something infectious that seems to happen, it's like a baseball team where suddenly the entire order is either knocking the cover off the ball, or can't fall into the ocean and hit water. You see the same thing in other teams sports- Basketball shooting streaks, etc.

Was it Pro Wells who had the catch last week slightly out of the end zone? Whoever that was, we need more of THAT, but in bounds, please.

Back to Joe Brady, passing game CO and receiver coach at LSU. 29 yrs. old they picked up from the Saints - he's turned their receivers around in spring ball. They picked him up for $400K. In the off season we should make a push for him but he will be hard to get if LSU wins the NC. Of course, he has something to work with, Jefferson, Chase, and Marshall.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_48f9dd6e-96e0-11e9-9a46-17f811c49a22.html

Whoever gets him from LSU will probably have to offer Offensive CO.

Last edited:

Billy Clyde

Back to Joe Brady, passing game CO and receiver coach at LSU. 29 yrs. old they picked up from the Saints - he's turned their receivers around in spring ball. They picked him up for $400K. In the off season we should make a push for him but he will be hard to get if LSU wins the NC. Of course, he has something to work with, Jefferson, Chase, and Marshall.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_48f9dd6e-96e0-11e9-9a46-17f811c49a22.html

Whoever gets him from LSU will probably have to offer Offensive CO.

Not saying he's not great, but it seems to me like it's less about the receivers at LSU (they've always had ridiculous athletes who could make great catches) and more about them finally having a top-notch QB.
Whatever, they are so much different now than I can remember them ever being, it's almost unrecognizable. They may actually be able to challenge Bama this year for SEC West.

4th. down

Not saying he's not great, but it seems to me like it's less about the receivers at LSU (they've always had ridiculous athletes who could make great catches) and more about them finally having a top-notch QB.
Whatever, they are so much different now than I can remember them ever being, it's almost unrecognizable. They may actually be able to challenge Bama this year for SEC West.

Brady completely changed the offense in the Spring - it can be done.

Hopefully, Max comes out smoking today and we are on our way.