• The KillerFrogs

Question for those who have been on the ACS field recently

Limp Lizard

With the more enclosed structure of ACS since 2012, how much wind actually makes it to the field? It used to be a wind tunnel through 2010. Should be even more enclosed this year.

namollec

My seats are on the south side this year. Nice breeze at times but nothing that I think would alter passes/kicks, IMO..

Limp Lizard

The windiest stadium I have sat in is the Cotton Bowl.. Just a little breeze becomes a gale on the stadium field. I have watched games where there was a distinct advantage for the team with the wind.

And thus it is miserable when it is cold. I have only been in it for two cold games, but damn! And by cold I only mean in the upper 40's. I can't imagine games when it was really cold.

Billy Clyde

The windiest stadium I have sat in is the Cotton Bowl.. Just a little breeze becomes a gale on the stadium field. I have watched games where there was a distinct advantage for the team with the wind.

And thus it is miserable when it is cold. I have only been in it for two cold games, but damn! And by cold I only mean in the upper 40's. I can't imagine games when it was really cold.

Used to go to the RRR back when TCU was barely watchable, just to see some decent quality ballers. Bosworth, Ed Simmons, Aikman, etc. Usually was an 11 am game. Freeze your ass off for the first part of the game until the sun cleared the grandstand, then go home with a sunburn and heat stroke from being stuck in the sun and the drying wind. Good times.

Froginbedford

Cowboys-Lions playoff game about 1970-71....In the 30s....Miserable...but not as miserable as 2015 Baylor game with the rain added in...BTW, Cowboys won, 5-0....

Limp Lizard

Cowboys-Lions playoff game about 1970-71....In the 30s....Miserable...but not as miserable as 2015 Baylor game with the rain added in...BTW, Cowboys won, 5-0....
I sat out that game when I saw the forecast; sold my tickets and watched at home. My health is not good enough for that. It sounds miserable. Even more so for the players who were soaked to the bone. Wet and cold is awful.