• The KillerFrogs

Is anyone getting a 2010 Baylor vibe with this SMU game on Saturday

LVH

Does anyone remember 2010. Baylor started 2-0 for the first time in a long time only because they beat Sam Houston State and some other scrub team to start the year. Lots of hype for them, they believed and felt they could win.

Then after we stomped them in a game that could have been even worse than 45-10 they said it was a fluke.

I feel like this could be a statement game on our end passing game or not.

steelfrog

Tier 1
The best all time was when the BYU fans came to AGC in their white shirts that said 13-0 or Perfect Season or some such BS, and we dog stomped them. That was awesome. The Mormons are so dadgum creepy... And Racist.

Froggish

Seems way to early to know who we are as a team. We caught Purdue at the right time so I don’t know how much we really learned about us. I do know If we can’t dominate SMU at home then we probably aren’t anything better than mediocre in the B12..Until I get more info about us they are going to all feel like pickem games

Moose Stuff

Seems way to early to know who we are as a team. We caught Purdue at the right time so I don’t know how much we really learned about us. I do know If we can’t dominate SMU at home then we probably aren’t anything better than mediocre in the B12..Until I get more info about us they are going to all feel like pickem games

I’m certain our defense is good and our offense is better than 2018. I don’t know what exactly that means in terms of wins and losses but I feel like we’ve got a chance to be really good.

Frogo

I’m not concerned about either of them. Curious why you would be more concerned with SMU than Kansas though. Kansas beat us last year, has played us close often, and has a far better win than anything SMU has this year.

And that was before Kansas was good.

Froggish

I’m certain our defense is good and our offense is better than 2018. I don’t know what exactly that means in terms of wins and losses but I feel like we’ve got a chance to be really good.

We definitely have the horses to be really good.....Curious why are you certain our offense is better than 2018? Obviously we are protecting the ball well but going into game 3 last year we were averaging 40+ a game and had only 1 turnover

We should be able to our athlete and execute SMU and KU without any issues.

Wexahu

I’m not concerned about either of them. Curious why you would be more concerned with SMU than Kansas though. Kansas beat us last year, has played us close often, and has a far better win than anything SMU has this year.

I just think SMU is better than Kansas and I think they'll have a much easier time scoring on our D than Kansas will. Admittedly my opinion of their QB is probably higher than most, not that I think he's great or anything.

For some reason I never worry about Kansas even though they've played us tough in the past. Seen too many games where they are just completely outclassed vs other Big 12 teams, I have no idea why we've struggled against them at times.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
We definitely have the horses to be really good.....Curious why are you certain our offense is better than 2018? Obviously we are protecting the ball well but going into game 3 last year we were averaging 40+ a game and had only 1 turnover

Frogs may have been averaging 40+ for first three games but ended up averaging 23.5 for the season. That’s tough to pull off. That offense sucked with all the qb issues and injuries. If this offense stays healthy it won’t average 23.5 for the year.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

1 interception, 7 fumbles with one lost, in first two games last year. Then Ohio State and UT happened.

Moose Stuff

I’m going with the “how could the offense possibly be worse?” line of thinking. Honestly though, the offense was decent in 2018 before Cordel went down in the UT game and when Shawn was semi healthy and motivated. Well Cordel is back and the OL/RB group looks very solid. That alone is a leg up on 2018. If Barber/Barkley give us what we think they can and we get anything at all out of Max (or whoever)......

westoverhillbilly

We do have a chance to have a special team this year as we improved tremendously between game one (with lots of fumbles) and game two (just one int) in addition to a dominating performance against a team with decent P5 quality personnel on the line and skill positions. I think Duggan could be an especially good qb even as a true frosh with a couple more games' experience. As stated above, if we struggle with SMU or KU, we may turn out to be a very mediocre team. In 2014, our struggle with KU may have had to do with our players never before playing in frostbite conditions.