• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ftwfrog

I thought Screech had drug problems or something?
Obviously you didn’t watch Celebrity Fit Club back in the day. It was like Biggest Loser, except for rehabbing, liquored-up, has-been “celebrities”.

Screech started in an adult film. Then he had a female pleasure device made in his image. He got into fights with everyone on the show, including the ex-marine who was in charge of training.

Tom Brown

Obviously you didn’t watch Celebrity Fit Club back in the day. It was like Biggest Loser, except for rehabbing, liquored-up, has-been “celebrities”.

Screech started in an adult film. Then he had a female pleasure device made in his image. He got into fights with everyone on the show, including the ex-marine who was in charge of training.

Wasn't he in the Beastie Boys?

netty2424

Wasn't he in the Beastie Boys?
source.gif

Purp

I never watched it, but that definitely was more popular among the girls in my class. But it was more of a drama, right? The only prime time shows I watched religiously in the late 80s/early 90s were Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, The Simpsons and Moonlighting. Would occasionally still watch Hunter, The Equalizer, Miami Vice, Hill Street Blues, etc, but most of those hour long detective shows were in decline by then.

God, I forgot Murder, She Wrote. One of my top 5 shows of all time. And yes, I know I’ll catch hell for admitting that.
I still watch Murder, She Wrote sometimes late at night. I'll catch some Perry Mason and Columbo too. I grew up watching those shows with my dad and grandma.

Matlock was another good 80s/90s show not mentioned yet even though I think he shared a wardrobe with Colonel Sanders. I enjoyed that genre, but haven't really watched much TV since high school so not sure what others are out there right now. We watched NCIS reruns for a while when I bounced around with the Army, but that's about it. No idea what's been out the last 20 years that would entertain me like those shows did/do.

Last edited:

SnoSki

Got my heart racing with adrenaline today after having to yell at a neighbor down the road for being a lazy idiot.

Was doing my daily walk with my baby boy and my dog when out of nowhere this rott/shepherd mix appears out of nowhere barking and snarling, and comes right up to my dog and I. All I could do was yell at the dog over and over and thankfully he tucked tail and ran back into his yard.

The owner was standing in his front yard with his 3 other dogs, all off leash and completely indifferent to the whole thing.

Without using bad language I yell at him to put his stupid Rottweiler on a leash like the law says and he shrugs and says “he’s friendly” and obviously I am highly skeptical. I yell again at him that I can’t tell if his dog is coming to attack my baby and that he needs to get all the stupid dogs on a leash as the law requires. He shrugs again, hands in his pockets.

Would it surprise you to know that this neighbor also leaves his Halloween decor up basically year-round?

So today I am buying a can of pepper spray to leave in the stroller. I’m hotter than a hornet that this guy couldn’t care less about the incident and I won’t be caught empty handed again.

DeuceBoogieNights

Got my heart racing with adrenaline today after having to yell at a neighbor down the road for being a lazy idiot.

Was doing my daily walk with my baby boy and my dog when out of nowhere this rott/shepherd mix appears out of nowhere barking and snarling, and comes right up to my dog and I. All I could do was yell at the dog over and over and thankfully he tucked tail and ran back into his yard.

The owner was standing in his front yard with his 3 other dogs, all off leash and completely indifferent to the whole thing.

Without using bad language I yell at him to put his stupid Rottweiler on a leash like the law says and he shrugs and says “he’s friendly” and obviously I am highly skeptical. I yell again at him that I can’t tell if his dog is coming to attack my baby and that he needs to get all the stupid dogs on a leash as the law requires. He shrugs again, hands in his pockets.

Would it surprise you to know that this neighbor also leaves his Halloween decor up basically year-round?

So today I am buying a can of pepper spray to leave in the stroller. I’m hotter than a hornet that this guy couldn’t care less about the incident and I won’t be caught empty handed again.

Not to take away from your story, but people are supposed to have their dogs on a leash in their own yard?

SnoSki

Not to take away from your story, but people are supposed to have their dogs on a leash in their own yard?

I don’t find it unreasonable if they’re in the front yard and there’s literally nothing separating my infant from an 80 pound Rottweiler.

Is it really too infringing on the owner’s freedoms to ask him to use a leash when the dog could easily outrun him?

It’s a common courtesy.

If that dog had killed my child I bet he would’ve wished he put the dog on a leash.

Shorty

The law change on Sept 1 that made brass knuckles legal also includes clubs. I'd recommend an expandable baton/asp over pepper spray. You don't have to worry about wind or spraying yourself or your kid.

SnoSki

The law change on Sept 1 that made brass knuckles legal also includes clubs. I'd recommend an expandable baton/asp over pepper spray. You don't have to worry about wind or spraying yourself or your kid.
Thanks for the heads up. I’d rather not be within arms reach but overspray is a concern.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
It's a shame that the dog will have to suffer for his owner's stupidity. I hope the owner rushes at you and you can hit him with a healthy dose of the spray.
If it happens again, call the police and get it on the record.

HFrog1999

Your neighbor sounds like an absolute idiot.

Be careful with the pepper spray. That could come back and get you or your son. You may want to consider walking with a stick. My mom used to carry a stun gun. The sound of it would scare dogs away. I've had a few run ins with dogs while walking. I just usually put myself in between my wife or kids and the dog. When they see I'm not running away or scared of them they usually stop.

Of course, I also have a LTC and always carry my gun. So, it things get too bad, I have options to protect myself and my family.