• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Always interesting watching games and how English commentators see things versus Continental and Latin American commentators.

Napoli’s kits this year are kinda nice...they have silver numbering like TCU the other night though not as shimmery/shiny.

Purp

Nice results today. Sorry to see Chelsea lose (sarcasm font) and wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool go out early. Doubtful Liverpool loses another in this group, but I can hope. Hoping Inter can get a result against Barca and make them sweat the rest of the way through the group. I'd love to see Dortmund and Inter advance out of that group with Liverpool getting knocked out too to make today's ESPN article nearly obsolete after group play.

Chongo94

Nice results today. Sorry to see Chelsea lose (sarcasm font) and wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool go out early. Doubtful Liverpool loses another in this group, but I can hope. Hoping Inter can get a result against Barca and make them sweat the rest of the way through the group. I'd love to see Dortmund and Inter advance out of that group with Liverpool getting knocked out too to make today's ESPN article nearly obsolete after group play.

My sentiments as well.

Purp

Gonna watch later, but I saw Spurs had a 2-0 lead and ended up drawing. How the darn did that happen. That's an enigmatic group right now. Too much talent to not figure it out soon, but frustrating to watch. I thought after Saturday the sluggish start was likely due to the uncertainty around Eriksen, but today I'm less certain.

Chongo94

Gonna watch later, but I saw Spurs had a 2-0 lead and ended up drawing. How the darn did that happen. That's an enigmatic group right now. Too much talent to not figure it out soon, but frustrating to watch. I thought after Saturday the sluggish start was likely due to the uncertainty around Eriksen, but today I'm less certain.

Believe there were some penalties given by both sides but didn’t get to see any of it so don’t quote me.

Purp

Odd game. Spurs took a 2-0 lead against the run of play. Olympiakos were much better in the first 35ish minutes. They generated a ton of shots, but few on frame. Valbuena was terrific.

Spurs appeared to settle in late in the first half, but conceded on a counter in the last minute of the 1st half. Spurs owned the entire 2nd half, but a fairly weak penalty at the edge of the box against the run of play tied it.

Spurs had several great chances to take the lead, but either got thwarted by a great save or a lapse of quality on the finish.

Great match, but disappointing result.

Moose Stuff

Liverpool picking apart Chelsea right now. Liverpool back line perhaps looking like they could concede 1 or 2 but Chelsea not currently taking advantage of it (did lose a goal to VAR).