• The KillerFrogs

Purdue highlight video.....

Purp

Was just picking out individual moments (the Utah game really didn’t have one outside of maybe the kickoff fumble). If we’re picking entire games.... Utah, OU 2014, Baylor 2015.
I got where you were going and agree that no single moment from that game stands out as a memory, but the entire night itself is unique in that way for me.
I still have dreams about that Utah game. I have always said we will never get to that atmosphere again. However, I have faith that if we can get our program back to the top of the Big12 and get gameday on campus for a night game then we could see something special. We just haven't had that marquee game in the new stadium where all eyes are on FW and AGCS.

P.s. this is not a bat signal for maniac and others to witch about the new stadium seating. Back to respecting how awesome that highlight video was and god bless Brian Estridge.
I agree that atmosphere will never be matched and I don't think it will even if we host OU in the final game of the regular season with an undefeated record on the line. There were decades of pent up fan frustration unleashed that night after generations of low expectations. Even though we all went in expecting we should win that night, I think most of us expected a very close battle and the blowout nature of that game from the very first kickoff mixed with those decades of ineptitude and combusted. Add in the fact that the stakes were such that only one undefeated non-BcS conference team would get a chance at a BcS bowl game and it got even more intense.

Moments since that night (Rose Bowl and Peach Bowl in particular) have raised expectations to a level that we won't be so shocked to win games like that. And now, with the conference championship game, even if we lost our perfect record against OU on the last game of the regular season we'd still have a chance to redeem ourselves the next week. Conversely, if we won that game we'd still have to play the game again the next week on a neutral site to try to remain undefeated.

For these reasons I don't think that atmosphere can ever be duplicated. It was a perfect storm of circumstances, angst, pre-game hype, and absolute dominance that created that atmosphere. I just don't think the circumstances or hype will ever match up quite like that again even if the pre-game hype and dominance do.

MTfrog5

Mallet pick 6 would have been up there if we didn’t lose that game to Baylor. I personally don’t think anything has beat the Dawson pick 6 against OU. The Baylor 4th down stop might have if I could have felt anything below the waist down

HFrog12

I got where you were going and agree that no single moment from that game stands out as a memory, but the entire night itself is unique in that way for me.

I agree that atmosphere will never be matched and I don't think it will even if we host OU in the final game of the regular season with an undefeated record on the line. There were decades of pent up fan frustration unleashed that night after generations of low expectations. Even though we all went in expecting we should win that night, I think most of us expected a very close battle and the blowout nature of that game from the very first kickoff mixed with those decades of ineptitude and combusted. Add in the fact that the stakes were such that only one undefeated non-BcS conference team would get a chance at a BcS bowl game and it got even more intense.

Moments since that night (Rose Bowl and Peach Bowl in particular) have raised expectations to a level that we won't be so shocked to win games like that. And now, with the conference championship game, even if we lost our perfect record against OU on the last game of the regular season we'd still have a chance to redeem ourselves the next week. Conversely, if we won that game we'd still have to play the game again the next week on a neutral site to try to remain undefeated.

For these reasons I don't think that atmosphere can ever be duplicated. It was a perfect storm of circumstances, angst, pre-game hype, and absolute dominance that created that atmosphere. I just don't think the circumstances or hype will ever match up quite like that again even if the pre-game hype and dominance do.

Hard to really disagree with you here - all points very valid. For some reason I do not think our fan base has the same angst towards OU as we had for Utah that night. That Utah rivalry was building. If we did have a final home game vs. a UT team the game before the championship game then I think you could have a raucous atmosphere. Unfortunately we know a lot of burnt orange would show up. I think the only way we could truly match utah is bringing in a baylor team at night for all the marbles. Let’s face it, there is more hate for baylor than any other school. Other than that, if we were to somehow get LSU, Bama, Auburn, OSU, Notre Dame or any of the blue bloods in for a night game then it could be pretty crazy as well. Again, there has not been a marquee game in AGCS where the entire country is focused on our game. Which is why I still think we could rival the Utah atmosphere if the opportunity presented itself. Not sure we could get there but at least get close.

Purp

Hard to really disagree with you here - all points very valid. For some reason I do not think our fan base has the same angst towards OU as we had for Utah that night. That Utah rivalry was building. If we did have a final home game vs. a UT team the game before the championship game then I think you could have a raucous atmosphere. Unfortunately we know a lot of burnt orange would show up. I think the only way we could truly match utah is bringing in a baylor team at night for all the marbles. Let’s face it, there is more hate for baylor than any other school. Other than that, if we were to somehow get LSU, Bama, Auburn, OSU, Notre Dame or any of the blue bloods in for a night game then it could be pretty crazy as well. Again, there has not been a marquee game in AGCS where the entire country is focused on our game. Which is why I still think we could rival the Utah atmosphere if the opportunity presented itself. Not sure we could get there but at least get close.
True, but the stakes have to be extremely high also. It would have to be late in the season and very meaningful for playoff implications. It would also have to be mostly TCU fans, as you said. I agree baylor or Tech could generate that kind of buzz based on sports hate, but whoever it was would have to be undefeated along with us coming into the game. Maybe if there was a 3rd undefeated team in the conference at that point or maybe a couple other 1 loss teams it would produce that type of hype. Then the winner of the game was virtually guaranteed a regular season title and spot in the conference title game.

You may be right that it's possible, but it's extremely unlikely IMO.

Moose Stuff

The key to the Utah crowd that is mostly getting glossed over is it was all TCU fans. Pretty much everyone we play now is gonna be bringing thousands of their own fans into ACS. The other huge key was it was at night. If we’re 11-0 you might be able to pull something like that off against WV this year but that game is at 2:30 on black Friday so probably not.

CountryFrog

Not sure what my top 3 would be (it's VERY difficult to pick 3) but I do think the Dawson pick 6 would be my #1. Lots of other good ones mentioned already. One other I'd throw out there is the 30-0 first quarter against Texas in 2015. It was an 11 am game but the place was rocking on just about every big play in that quarter.

CountryFrog

The Kerley punt return against Colorado St might be my favorite play just from the standpoint of an entertaining football play. It just wasn't as big of a moment due to the opponent, smaller crowd, not a game winning play, etc. But I think I must have watched that return about 600 times after I got home from the game that day.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
One other I'd throw out there is the 30-0 first quarter against Texas in 2015. It was an 11 am game but the place was rocking on just about every big play in that quarter.
There was a fairly mouthy UT type sitting up behind us who was chirping about how we hadn't seen UT football and how they had better players, etc. He quieted down awfully fast, and the last thing we heard from him was a gasping "Oh my Ghod!" when Doctson made the beautiful grab in the back corner of the end zone.

They left before halftime.

CountryFrog

There was a fairly mouthy UT type sitting up behind us who was chirping about how we hadn't seen UT football and how they had better players, etc. He quieted down awfully fast, and the last thing we heard from him was a gasping "Oh my Ghod!" when Doctson made the beautiful grab in the back corner of the end zone.

They left before halftime.
That's always fun when you have a mouthy visiting fan get shut up that way.

That reminds me of the 82-27 game against Tech. There was one Tech guy who was still yelling about first downs or officiating mistakes in the 3rd and 4th quarter as his team is getting run. Never seen anyone stay committed to the obnoxious visiting fan routine while getting hammered that way.

Being a Tech fan, maybe he didn't know how the scoring in football worked and had no idea his team was losing.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The best part of that game was the fireworks: "Mr. Del Conte, we're out of fireworks."

"Well, go down to the equipment locker and get some more."

"Sir, that's what I mean. We're out of fireworks. All of them. We've gone through all of what we purchased for the season!"

Purp

The Kerley punt return against Colorado St might be my favorite play just from the standpoint of an entertaining football play. It just wasn't as big of a moment due to the opponent, smaller crowd, not a game winning play, etc. But I think I must have watched that return about 600 times after I got home from the game that day.
Another one on this level is the Tanner Brock helmetless block to spring a Kerley kick return for a TD against SMU. I'll never forget seeing him decleat an opposing player when most guys would have avoided contact the remainder of the play. Our group went bonkers for the block and the TD after was somewhat anticlimactic.

namollec

Another one on this level is the Tanner Brock helmetless block to spring a Kerley kick return for a TD against SMU. I'll never forget seeing him decleat an opposing player when most guys would have avoided contact the remainder of the play. Our group went bonkers for the block and the TD after was somewhat anticlimactic.

Wasn't that one of two Frog Top Ten Highlights for the week? That's the way I remember it.

yurintroubl

The camera work is fantastic on this piece. And I luv the sideline stuff. Really gives insight to what the guys are feeling.

It's a much more visceral experience seeing video shot from the sideline. ESPECIALLY if you previously watched it on live TV. It scratches that "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.... I wish I had been there" itch. Not to mention re-stokes the synapses connecting the part of my brain that retains all things related to my former playing days.