• The KillerFrogs

Am I the only one here who likes 11am games? (Kansas game is 11am on FS1)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is dangerous, though. The last game of the season is the week of the EMAW game. If any games get rained out they will be rescheduled for the day of the Texas game. I'm okay missing Kansas if it means I make it for a full day of tailgating prior to Texas at AGCS.

I'm also missing the SMU game for my 20 year high scholl reunion and, unless it's a night game, the Baylor game for a family reunion so it is a bit frustrating to miss half our home games this year. Unfortunately, I think that will be my new normal for the next 15 years or so until kids and their sports are finished.
KU for UT is a good trade off.

Farmfrog

I’m old but I like 11 am games. It is hot in September but early games allow me to see more games and I like that. Night games are great but 2:30 games just makes you miss more games.

Limey Frog

Night games are only good if it's a big matchup and you're at home. the afternoon slot is the best all-round, but for dates with the likes of Kansas my philosophy is the same as Han Solo's attitude toward the Death Star: destroy in a workmanlike fashion; go home.

Wexahu

Night games are only good if it's a big matchup and you're at home. the afternoon slot is the best all-round, but for dates with the likes of Kansas my philosophy is the same as Han Solo's attitude toward the Death Star: destroy in a workmanlike fashion; go home.

I think you're right about the night games. All in all, they take a lot out of you, especially if you kind of get the day started at 11:00 watching the other games. For it to be worth it it needs to be a good matchup that everyone is excited about and will fill the stadium.

Volare

Great if your ambition level is to watch on TV. Not so much if you plan to be in the stands.

The heat and beating sun make for a big experience difference, especially if you bring parents and youth along.

I agree. Vast difference in strategery between watching on TV or going to the game in person.

HToady

Man I love watching 11:00 games on TV. Get an early start on the day. Get to see lots of commercials for car insurance and pharmaceuticals I can't buy, which is what 11:00 games are intended to do.

You seriously don't think they schedule them for the fans in the stands, students, or players benefit, do you?

WhatTheFrog

Afternoon games are the worst, weather and danger-wise, at home in September. Give me night games or breakfast games instead. I have good breakfast items for the tailgate, so I'm not worried.

Here's a freebie for you...buy a 16 oz package of Owens (or your favorite breakfast pork sausage, mild or spicy depending on your taste), an 8 oz package of Philadelphia (or your favorite generic) cream cheese, and some shredded or grated cheddar (pre-packaged or your favorite block to grate yourself). Brown all of the sausage, chopping/breaking it up as fine as you can while you cook it. Once browned, either remove the sausage from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate and drain the grease, or drain the grease with sausage in the pan the best you can. The latter can be difficult. Once grease is drained, put cubed or broken up cream cheese in pan and cook/mix until cream cheese is fully melted and mixed with sausage. Again, drain any grease off that may be in the pan. Add cheddar to your taste and mix well until melted and well mixed. Again, drain off any grease in the pan. Put aside and let cool slightly.

Buy two cans of Pillsbury Croissant dough. Roll each out and pinch the diagonals together to make 4 solid rectangles, then cut the 4 rectangles into 8 squarish portions total. Add a heaping tablespoon (or more) of sausage mixture to each squarish dough portion that will allow you to fold corners in on themselves and pinch the whole ball shut. Make sure each ball is sealed well. Place each ball with the sealed side down on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake according to the croissant package directions. Once cooked, let cool and package for the tailgate the next day and refrigerate.

They will warm well on a grill at the game.

Another handy tip, this same filling works really well in bacon wrapped jalepenos. You won't lose so much cheese on the grill using this mixture, and it adds a nice twist to the overall flavor of the peppers. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

SuperBarrFrog

Afternoon games are the worst, weather and danger-wise, at home in September. Give me night games or breakfast games instead. I have good breakfast items for the tailgate, so I'm not worried.

Here's a freebie for you...buy a 16 oz package of Owens (or your favorite breakfast pork sausage, mild or spicy depending on your taste), an 8 oz package of Philadelphia (or your favorite generic) cream cheese, and some shredded or grated cheddar (pre-packaged or your favorite block to grate yourself). Brown all of the sausage, chopping/breaking it up as fine as you can while you cook it. Once browned, either remove the sausage from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate and drain the grease, or drain the grease with sausage in the pan the best you can. The latter can be difficult. Once grease is drained, put cubed or broken up cream cheese in pan and cook/mix until cream cheese is fully melted and mixed with sausage. Again, drain any grease off that may be in the pan. Add cheddar to your taste and mix well until melted and well mixed. Again, drain off any grease in the pan. Put aside and let cool slightly.

Buy two cans of Pillsbury Croissant dough. Roll each out and pinch the diagonals together to make 4 solid rectangles, then cut the 4 rectangles into 8 squarish portions total. Add a heaping tablespoon (or more) of sausage mixture to each squarish dough portion that will allow you to fold corners in on themselves and pinch the whole ball shut. Make sure each ball is sealed well. Place each ball with the sealed side down on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake according to the croissant package directions. Once cooked, let cool and package for the tailgate the next day and refrigerate.

They will warm well on a grill at the game.

Another handy tip, this same filling works really well in bacon wrapped jalepenos. You won't lose so much cheese on the grill using this mixture, and it adds a nice twist to the overall flavor of the peppers. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Sounds great

Zubaz

As an out of town Frog, I'll take 11 AM (10 AM where I am) on FS1 over KSU/OSU's 6:00 on ESPN+ any day of the week.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I'm not mad about this one being at 11am. Get to watch us stomp on Kansas and then go watch the Rangers and skankees in the next to last game at The Ballpark.

HFrog1999

This is my current issue. We'll miss the game because I'll be coaching a 6 year old soccer game at noon that day. Oh well. I get way more joy out of watching my kid compete with his team than I do our Frogs even when they win. And I really love our Frogs' wins.

This part of your life will be over before you know it. Enjoy your kids games. Always renew your season tickets and just sell the games you can’t go to.

This is the first season in 10 years my kids aren’t playing on Saturday. They both play football in school now. #startingdefense

So, now we get to enjoy tailgating and going to the games again