• The KillerFrogs

Am I the only one here who likes 11am games? (Kansas game is 11am on FS1)

SuperBarrFrog

Since I watch on tv and live in eastern time I prefer day games. Makes me way less drunk watching the game and gives me the chance to still do something Saturday night.

BABYFACE

Night game

11am

2:30

In that order. 2:30 games make the football game an all day commitment.

Not a fan of attending the 11am game but it opens the rest of the day to watch other games.

The 2:30 game allows for a good pregame tailgate and lunch, and then you go out for dinner afterwards or pickup a pizza and watch evening FB from home.

The evening game is good for pregame meal and probably too much tailgating, but fun. You leave the game tired and a bit hungry. Whataburger usually works.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

The big problem with the morning games is heat early in the year. Not so bad October onward. November night games can be really cold and miserable. Cold is immediately more uncomfortable, but heat (in this part of the country) is much more dangerous.

MAcFroggy

I don’t mind 11 am games at all. I can go to the game, go grab lunch in Fort Worth before driving back to Dallas, and watch/nap during late afternoon evening games. Works out great for me.

Last edited:

Purp

Besides tailgating issues and a quieter crowd, too many youth sports conflicts at 11.
This is my current issue. We'll miss the game because I'll be coaching a 6 year old soccer game at noon that day. Oh well. I get way more joy out of watching my kid compete with his team than I do our Frogs even when they win. And I really love our Frogs' wins.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is my current issue. We'll miss the game because I'll be coaching a 6 year old soccer game at noon that day. Oh well. I get way more joy out of watching my kid compete with his team than I do our Frogs even when they win. And I really love our Frogs' wins.
My hope for you is a big rain storm on Friday before game which leads to fields being closed and 6 year old soccer being canceled for the day and rescheduled. Then you can have both.

Purp

My hope for you is a big rain storm on Friday before game which leads to fields being closed and 6 year old soccer being canceled for the day and rescheduled. Then you can have both.
This is dangerous, though. The last game of the season is the week of the EMAW game. If any games get rained out they will be rescheduled for the day of the Texas game. I'm okay missing Kansas if it means I make it for a full day of tailgating prior to Texas at AGCS.

I'm also missing the SMU game for my 20 year high scholl reunion and, unless it's a night game, the Baylor game for a family reunion so it is a bit frustrating to miss half our home games this year. Unfortunately, I think that will be my new normal for the next 15 years or so until kids and their sports are finished.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
hqdefault.jpg