• The KillerFrogs

Report From Purdue

Bill Bozeat

Just made it to my couch.

Cowboys v. Redskins and a nap.

Once the T1 saw I was serious about the police, he backed off big time.

Every school has its share of over-zealous fans including TCU. Pros are worse.

Yes I've been to away games and dealt with stupid arse fans before, but T1 and T2 were by far the most physical.

While the temptation to shove a total stranger to the ground and beat the mud out of him, it's just not worth it.

I'm home, watching Sunday football, and enjoying a Frog win.
I think you just have a lack of confidence that your legal skills could get you off...

Mean Purple

IDK, but if someone puts his hands on me, there would be some sort of response, action, etc.
I can agree with that.
I guess if you pay a bunch of money to go to a stadium on a long out of town trip, one could also just wait for their team to start destroying the home team.

Mean Purple

This reminds me of a trip we may to a game in Waco and was with a TCU pal who was a rather large rancher. Some dude kept popping off to him as we walked back to the truck. I tried to warn the guy. the guy's pal tried to wake him to the fact that he making a big mistake. Long story short, pal pretty much dropped him with 1 hit. Pretty much no problems after that. We actually hung out by the truck and drank with some other baylor folks.
Funny how a jerk getting his due brings the whole world together.

BleedNPurple

If you’ve been around the Wisconsin fans you’ll be well prepped for any B10 game. Minnesota was fun - we were right behind our sidelines row 1 and could talk to the players. I happened to be in LA during another Wisky Rosebowl and the fans arrived at the Roosevelt drunk and rowdy. They simmered down a lot when they learned their tickets had been scalped and nobody that bought this tour package was getting a ticket.

I started feeling sorry for them and actually met some folks on the streets with tickets that literally gave them to me and I gave the seats to some of the long faced Whisky fans. That’s the year the governor set up big screens, tables and free beer around the stadium and promised to get the AG after the travel scammers. I want to say like 92.

Mean Purple

If you’ve been around the Wisconsin fans you’ll be well prepped for any B10 game. Minnesota was fun - we were right behind our sidelines row 1 and could talk to the players. I happened to be in LA during another Wisky Rosebowl and the fans arrived at the Roosevelt drunk and rowdy. They simmered down a lot when they learned their tickets had been scalped and nobody that bought this tour package was getting a ticket.

I started feeling sorry for them and actually met some folks on the streets with tickets that literally gave them to me and I gave the seats to some of the long faced Whisky fans. That’s the year the governor set up big screens, tables and free beer around the stadium and promised to get the AG after the travel scammers. I want to say like 92.
I have been to games at Wisconsin with a family member. There were people putting quarters in dough and throwing them at the visiting team as they came in. No kidding. Thankfully, others in the crowd started getting on the jerks. The rest of the experience at Camp R was pretty intense. They are a die hard bunch.

Limp Lizard

I have never seen an entire crowd as drunk as the Wisconsin fans at the Rose Bowl. Leaving the stadium after the game the Wisc fans could barely walk. Tens of thousands of incredibly drunk people...at $10/beer!

nwlafrog

IDK, but if someone puts his hands on me, there would be some sort of response, action, etc.

Had a drunk okie lite fan poke my toddler in the eye last year after I gave him numerous warnings to chill his drunk arse out.

He was just obnoxiously wasted, knocking my wife down, sitting on me, sitting on her, pushing us down the row, throwing his hands in front of our faces, taunting, getting in front of my son for the jumbotron camera man so that he could get his moment of fame and poked him in the eye.

Ship got real, but I was able to finish the game and security relocated him and his buddies outside of the stadium. Security had already been alerted to the situation 1 or 2 times before it escalated.

Frog DJ

When I was a student in 67 or 68 TCU played LSU in Baton Rouge. My girlfriend (all 4'11" and 98 pounds of her) and I attended.

Starting in about the middle of the third quarter, an LSU t-shirt fan behind us began making extremely profane suggestions about what my girlfriend could do for him after the game. It should be noted that this guy was drunk out of his mind.

I endured it for a few minutes, but when he finally said something truly disgusting I turned around to confront him and discovered a Louisiana State Trooper was sitting right next to him - laughing out loud at everything nasty thing he said.

Discretion being the better part of valor I continued to ignore the drunk until he passed out (fortunately, not long after that). The trooper and some of his buddies half carried the sot out, but the abuse from Tiger fans continued from other sources.

I apologized to my date for not defending her honor, and she assured me she agreed with my decision, but as we left the stadium I suggested to a number of other TCU students that we walk to our cars in large groups, for fear of being assaulted.

The Frogs lost 10-7, and we drove straight from the game to Bourbon Street, where we met and partied with several very friendly LSU fans who were highly complimentary of the Frogs for being much better than they expected ("Tiger bait," as they said).

Sometimes, I believe fans feel more empowered to be jerks inside the stadium (or at tailgates in the parking lots) than they are in other settings. I've experienced abuse at several other schools, but none quite as overt as that night in Baton Rouge.

Go Frogs!

frogs9497

Had a drunk okie lite fan poke my toddler in the eye last year after I gave him numerous warnings to chill his drunk arse out.

He was just obnoxiously wasted, knocking my wife down, sitting on me, sitting on her, pushing us down the row, throwing his hands in front of our faces, taunting, getting in front of my son for the jumbotron camera man so that he could get his moment of fame and poked him in the eye.

Ship got real, but I was able to finish the game and security relocated him and his buddies outside of the stadium. Security had already been alerted to the situation 1 or 2 times before it escalated.

You have the restraint and patience of a saint. I probably would’ve been in jail.

Rabidfrog

I was at the TCU vs Arkansas game in Fayetteville and I was more than embarrassed at a bunch of TCU fraternities guys acting awful to the Arkansas families around them.

I wish something could have been done, because what was coming out of their mouth and the how arrogant they were taunting was embarrassing. None of the TCU students looked like they had ever caught a touchdown pass in their life and just looked like a bunch of rich brats.
Coach Schloss and I called out drunk TCU boys at Baylor one time. They were using g. d., etc. I told them children were in the stands. We need to call out Frog folks who are cursing, etc. Tell them they represent TCU.

Rabidfrog

Just made it to my couch.

Cowboys v. Redskins and a nap.

Once the T1 saw I was serious about the police, he backed off big time.

Every school has its share of over-zealous fans including TCU. Pros are worse.

Yes I've been to away games and dealt with stupid arse fans before, but T1 and T2 were by far the most physical.

While the temptation to shove a total stranger to the ground and beat the mud out of him, it's just not worth it.

I'm home, watching Sunday football, and enjoying a Frog win.
"nothing betta than looking for a win on Friday, and getting it on Ss'day."

Rabidfrog

I have never seen an entire crowd as drunk as the Wisconsin fans at the Rose Bowl. Leaving the stadium after the game the Wisc fans could barely walk. Tens of thousands of incredibly drunk people...at $10/beer!
a young women in purple blessed me by taking my arm as we entered the Rose Bowl, asking, what's wrong with these people, referring to Wisky fans. I replied, oh, honey, theys just yankees.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’ve never encounter a more juvenile fan base than that game. Before, during and after.

Still the best example of this was during the sign off after the game. The camera shows the Rose Bowl logo outside the stadium and pan out for a wide shot as people leave. Some Wisky fan sees the drone and fires the middle finger salute...