• The KillerFrogs

CATCH THE GALL DARN BALL!!!!!!!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I mention this in another thread but Reagor just doesn't seem like he's putting forth the same effort that he did last year. He just seems like he's somewhere else mentally. Is that just me?

I don't think it's his effort. I think he listened to all the hype about him and is trying to do to much. Trying to run with the ball before he secures the catch and things like that. He just needs to slow things down and does what comes natural and he'll be fine.

Wexahu

We
It’s my opinion, and I’m sure it sux, but the WR problem is at least somewhat the result of a freaking 7 man QB race. Building some rapport is still important. Especially in the timing routes.

Upon rewatch, Duggan looked a little bit flustered. He wasn’t so much bad as he was uneven. Which is expected from a Freshman. He threw some very catchable balls and some flat awful ones as well. We keep talking about his laser arm and lack of touch but I’m more concerned with him sailing balls.

Duggan is going to get better every week. He’s also going to throw a lot of balls that we wish he wouldn’t. Right now, he’s making quality reads and not putting us in risky situations. If SR would have done that last year we’d have won 9-10 and we wouldn’t even be talking about Duggan

He’s a little hesitant and he’s holding onto to it too long but I would guess both would improve. A couple things I’m fairly certain of is he’s as good as Delton is right now and he has the tools to be really good, just needs to relax and not try and throw it through everybody. I’d still like to see what Collins could do with this group though, I think as a fan base he has kind of been written off and I’m not sure why.

Froggish

We

He’s a little hesitant and he’s holding onto to it too long but I would guess both would improve. A couple things I’m fairly certain of is he’s as good as Delton is right now and he has the tools to be really good, just needs to relax and not try and throw it through everybody. I’d still like to see what Collins could do with this group though, I think as a fan base he has kind of been written off and I’m not sure why.

Your point is true. Duggan is every bit as good as Delton right now having only taken 50-60 snaps of CFB. His upside is exciting. At this point, I would suspect that Collins is a better option then Delton as well. While the fan base may have written him off, I think it’s more a result of him not factoring do to injury. That’s probably not going to change unless something happens to Duggan.

At this point the staffs focus should be establishing and developing Duggan and trying to position him as the guy to lead us into conference play...There will be a point where the “play the QB who’s hot” strategy and rhetoric will hurt this team..

froginmn

“Dropsy” is the old medical term for edema, typically caused by heart, liver, or kidney failure. In the Bible, Jesus cures a person with dropsy. It was one of his miracles.
My interpretation:
Our receivers have dropsy and it is gonna take a miracle to fix it...or maybe some lasix.
They need to catch the gall darn bladder.

froginmn

It has to be the receivers getting used to the different balls thrown by the two QBs. Now it looks like they will have many more reps from Duggan, and that will make the difference. Plus it behooves Cumbie to coach Duggan where to throw the ball to give the receivers their best chance.
So you're saying our receivers just need to get used to the QB's balls?

All seriousness, this is correct. But Max needs to lay off the heat when it's not needed, because missing by a foot doesn't matter if the ball is thrown softly, but when it's a bullet it needs to be perfect. I think he'll develop and be taught that. It's not just where to throw it but how. A ball a little behind or a little high can still be caught, but it can't be a rifle shot. I saw a few that were off and thrown too hard to allow the receiver to adjust.

Good thing to be complaining about because we aren't far off.

jake102

I don't think it's his effort. I think he listened to all the hype about him and is trying to do to much. Trying to run with the ball before he secures the catch and things like that. He just needs to slow things down and does what comes natural and he'll be fine.

He doesn’t look like he’s headed to the NFL this year. We shall see

jake102

. I’d still like to see what Collins could do with this group though, I think as a fan base he has kind of been written off and I’m not sure why.

I wouldn’t mind trying out Collins also, this appears to be a stacked team outside of WR and maybe QB. That being said, Collins has spent a large portion of his TCU career injured, not much good in the training room

4th. down

We

IMO, collins throws the best ball, but he will not play any meaningful minutes unless an injury to some Qb ahead of him and that's to bad, he has some talent and much needed touch.

ifrog

Yes, because we won't struggle to beat Texas if we drop half-a-dozen balls that hit our guys right in the hands. This is fine.

It’s still early , our schedule allows for the receivers and QBs to get on the same page. Let’s see how it plays out. We beat a Big Ten team at their place with their largest crowd in a decade.

Glass half full.

tcudoc

I mention this in another thread but Reagor just doesn't seem like he's putting forth the same effort that he did last year. He just seems like he's somewhere else mentally. Is that just me?
He has also had two drops on kick returns, which is unusual for him. In addition, he had one overthrow where he seemed to give a pretty lax one handed attempt.
He is really good, but there is some truth in what you observed. I was thinking the same thing. There was also one instance where, if he had thrown a block, Anderson could have broken a much bigger run. He seemed surprised that Anderson had made it that far.

netty2424

He has also had two drops on kick returns, which is unusual for him. In addition, he had one overthrow where he seemed to give a pretty lax one handed attempt.
He is really good, but there is some truth in what you observed. I was thinking the same thing. There was also one instance where, if he had thrown a block, Anderson could have broken a much bigger run. He seemed surprised that Anderson had made it that far.
Possible he’s putting too much pressure on himself. He made it known last year he was either going to win, or be a finalist for the Biletnikoff, can’t remember exactly which way he stated it. So he might be just pushing himself for accolades rather than just playing football.

That one handed attempt down the sideline was frustrating to watch.

He’s a special talent. If he just played football, the rest will take care of itself.

Wexahu

Possible he’s putting too much pressure on himself. He made it known last year he was either going to win, or be a finalist for the Biletnikoff, can’t remember exactly which way he stated it. So he might be just pushing himself for accolades rather than just playing football.

That one handed attempt down the sideline was frustrating to watch.

He’s a special talent. If he just played football, the rest will take care of itself.

The best thing for Reagor will be for a couple of these other guys to step up and make some plays to draw some attention away from him. Until that happens nobody is going to put up good numbers in the passing game. You are right though, forcing things doesn’t do any good for the team or him.

I REALLY hope Barber can come in and make a big difference. Barkley too but I’m more convinced on Barber because I’ve seen him play and he can be very good.

PO Frog

I thought the one-handed effort looked really bad but it seems everyone is scared to say anything bad about Reagor. Reminded me of the garbage he pulled a couple of years ago early in the year and against Tech when we were wondering why he didn't use both hands. That is a real bad habit to be into. It is not effective and looked like he didn't want the ball real bad. Didn't think it was too bad of a throw.

cheese83

I thought the one-handed effort looked really bad but it seems everyone is scared to say anything bad about Reagor. Reminded me of the garbage he pulled a couple of years ago early in the year and against Tech when we were wondering why he didn't use both hands. That is a real bad habit to be into. It is not effective and looked like he didn't want the ball real bad. Didn't think it was too bad of a throw.

He ran a punt back for a TD and then had an insane juke on one of his catches. The one handed drop was an overthrow.

He’s a good player but it’s tough to get involved when we are hardly throwing it, I mean our running game was working. 24 total passes, he was still our leading WR too.