• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

I don’t understand this

Well, have you ever had salmonella? Never have I ever decided “plugging” a pill was a solid idea to keep me from dying from dehydration..... It’s like the flu mixed with the worst stomach virus you’ve ever had. Just created a mental barrier that I can’t get past.

What is weird is that I can eat chicken now that someone else prepared if it’s legit home made and I know them for their grilling skills or at a nice restaurant, but at home with guests I darn it up every time because I don’t want to be that guy who poisoned his buddies.

Last edited:

nwlafrog

I have the same problem. I smoke chicken all the time that is just fine from a temp perspective but it’s too tender and moist for me. Feels like it’s not cooked. So I put it back on until it dries out.

Same, mine is all in my head. The only other mental barrier I have is bench press at the gym after tearing my shoulder a few years ago. It was bad form, but it still freaks me out when I load the barbell at that same weight now that I’ve worked back up to it. The mind is a weird thing. You can have the yips from cooking, throwing a baseball, or pushing a weight that you know you can handle easily.

Edit - I went on a stretch and shoe horned some random ship in there, but I’ve had brown water and I’m enjoying this evening.

Frog-in-law1995

Well, have you ever had salmonella? Never have I ever decided “plugging” a pill was a solid idea to keep me from dying from dehydration..... It’s like the flu mixed with the worst stomach virus you’ve ever had. Just created a mental barrier that I can’t get past.

What is weird is that I can eat chicken now that someone else prepared if it’s legit home made and I know them for their grilling skills or at a nice restaurant, but at home with guests I darn it up every time because I don’t want to be that guy who poisoned his buddies.

Invest in a Thermapen MK4 and trust it. 165 in the breast, 170-175 in the thigh. Brine the chicken for 24 hours and it won’t dry out.