• The KillerFrogs

Good Job Coach Cumbie!

wilson912

Sonny takes a lot of shots on this forum so he should get some credit too. Our running game was dominant with elite run blocking. The passing game still has a lot of room for growth, evidenced by numerous drops. Thankfully Sonny didn’t need to go deep into his passing play book tonight-save it for SMU, KU, ISU etc. Yes, Duggan’s gotta learn to put some touch on the ball, but dang, he carried himself well. He’s well coached. We’re lucky to have you Sonny, let’s be happy with this win. We gotta a war next Saturday!

robbroyy

Gotta remember this is not Sonny’s preferred type offense. He wants no huddle throw 50 times a game.

Right now the QBs and WRs can’t do that and the RBs and OL are really good so it’s an adjustment.

I enjoy the ground and pound of the other team can’t stop you. Except for Texas and OU, most defensive lines should be about as helpless as Purdue was against this run game.

They’ll have to commit more LBs and DBs which opens up RPOs. Get Duggan more seasoning and watch him take off as the year goes on

JockO de Frog

Yes, give credit where credit's due. Very pleased with the play-calling except I'm very surprised we didn't go deep couple of more times to reagor. Is it just me or does it look like reagor is putting forth half the effort he did last year. I'm a little concerned.

zfrawg

Yes, give credit where credit's due. Very pleased with the play-calling except I'm very surprised we didn't go deep couple of more times to reagor. Is it just me or does it look like reagor is putting forth half the effort he did last year. I'm a little concerned.

don't think that's accurate at all re: Reagor. dude threw a solid block for Duggan on a run late in the game. I think he only has one speed.

CountryFrog

I don't know. It just FELT LIKE we kind of lucked into everything good and it didn't actually have anything to do with coaching. And I know for sure everything that went wrong was completely Cumbie's fault.

So I will be giving all of the blame with none of the credit.

wilson912

Gotta remember this is not Sonny’s preferred type offense. He wants no huddle throw 50 times a game.

Right now the QBs and WRs can’t do that and the RBs and OL are really good so it’s an adjustment.

I enjoy the ground and pound of the other team can’t stop you. Except for Texas and OU, most defensive lines should be about as helpless as Purdue was against this run game.

They’ll have to commit more LBs and DBs which opens up RPOs. Get Duggan more seasoning and watch him take off as the year goes on

Anderson’s has a history of being injured, so let’s hope he is not over used and can stay healthy. #gofrogs

wilson912

This. Luper and Thomsen should get credit. Passing game is still poor.

Good for Thomsen. Came here with some hype and accolades, glad the line showed him fruits of his labor. Was a little concerned after last week. Didn’t like seeing Duggan getting knocked down but some of this was his fault for holding the ball too long. Throw it away.

Gotta stick with Duggan as your primary QB. Understand using Delton in certain situations but I don’t think he’s going to lead you through some of the wars ahead.

illini_frog

Great offensive coordinators adapt their system to their best players. We have a strong OL and two beasts at running back, with a passing game that needs work. Run the damn ball and run it again and pass enough to keep them honest.

back_in_black

Moderators
Great offensive coordinators adapt their system to their best players. We have a strong OL and two beasts at running back, with a passing game that needs work. Run the damn ball and run it again and pass enough to keep them honest.

We ran a lot early in 2017. Recall the physical games against Arkansas and OK State. All that changed when we lost Morris at center and had to shift people around. Cumbie knows we have to run especially with a young QB. The offense is a work in progress but we have an experienced line and awesome backs and we should only get better.

Limey Frog

First half was Sonny's preferred game plan not working because it's crap. Second half was him reluctantly giving in to reality and doing the obviously effective. Sorry but I'm casting my ballot for "Sonny isn't the guy TCU football needs". I'm sure he's a great guy, but I hate his preferred style. Tech guys never saw a defensive obstacle they didn't think they could scheme around by being cute/clever.

Horny4TCU

I'll give Cumbie credit if he calls another run heavy game against SMEW... If he can learn to play to the strengths of the team, then he has made progress.

puckster59

Feed the NFL backs

I was at Grapefest and saw a good number of TCU folks. Everyone I stopped and talked to said the same thing: feed those backfield beasts. Pretty soon, defenses are going to have to pay “too much” attention to the run and the track team split out wide will have lots of room to run.