• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU @ Purdue

Mean Purple

I think that’s exactly correct. Lots of players who look the part and can run and jump but short on receiver skills. The deflection pick was partly because the receiver did not run a stronger route.
They like having the ball thrown right on target. Need to work for the ball more. Sometimes you have to go up and get it or lay out for it.

ThisIsOurTime

Frustrating half. You see the signs of improvement but some glaring mishaps when it matters. Duggan needs to settle down and stop throwing high. And our WRs need to break off their routes and go to the ball rather than expecting it to be perfect. Hights needs to show us something or we need to see what his backup can do. I would also say the same for the rest of our receivers save Reagor. Frankly, I would prefer us to find the TE Wells again. Duggan seems to like to throw those kind of passes anyway. He also needs to try a couple deep balls just to spread the Purdue defense. I am even starting to wonder whether Collins should be getting some QB reps because our QB situational awareness needs to improve ASAP.

Nice job by Song to deliver when we needed him and our LBs of Wallow and Winters are the stars of our defense right now. Our RBs are putting in work we just need to complete some passes so they don't cheat up on the line. Since Purdue is having trouble going sideline to sideline with us, I would not be opposed to a reverse or similar trick play.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I get that Duggan is gonna miss some throws. Freshman, first away game in a sorta big environment, already has a cannon, adrenaline throwing...some throws are gonna miss.

It’s why I’m cool with him being out there and staying out there. I question the hands of our receivers and the play calling of our OC but I believe we all now know which is the better qb. And the defense looks good although it is Purdue and their backup qb soooo....

Agree. And I feel like as erratic as he’s been he’s also capable of making a big play that Delton probably isn’t.

Billy Clyde

Best pass-catcher on offense is our 240-lb RB. Give him some more chances if the WRs don't want to catch it. That "almost" TD to the TE was beautiful, need to keep going to it.
Delton and Duggan comparison makes it obvious that Duggan needs to be the guy, so he can get the reps and develop the chemistry with the rest of the offense.
The more Delton plays in anything other than obvious run downs, the more we are wasting opportunities to let Max develop. If Max were getting all the first team reps in practice, we could be scoring 50 on Purdue. We are so much stronger than them on both sides, it's ridiculous.

Edit: If Anderson plays like this all season, he is a second-rounder, maybe even a first.