• The KillerFrogs

Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette: Boilermakers heading into matchup banged up

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Boilermakers heading into matchup banged up

DYLAN SINN | The Journal Gazette

WEST LAFAYETTE – Purdue was flying high after an explosive 42-24 win over Vanderbilt in Week 2.

Then came the injuries. First, quarterback Elijah Sindelar was diagnosed with a concussion, then top linebacker Markus Bailey suffered a knee injury in practice that will sideline him for the rest of the season. Throw in injuries to wide receiver Jared Sparks and tight end Brycen Hopkins, who combined for three touchdowns catches against the Commodores, and Purdue could look like a completely different team heading into Week 3.

The Boilermakers will take the field tonight against the TCU Horned Frogs at Ross-Ade Stadium. Despite the uncertainty surrounding the availability of key players such as Sindelar, Hopkins and Sparks, Purdue is not conceding anything before the game.

Read more at https://www.journalgazette.net/spor...4/boilermakers-heading-into-matchup-banged-up

Volare

Yah....Seems like these coaches like to call bruises injuries...Minus the LB, we’ll get the same team Vandy got

Conversely, CGP says a guy has a nick, and he'll not be seen the rest of the season.

I actually prefer to play the Sr. QB. We have a habit of making Freshmen making their first start look like Heismann candidates.

Volare

Oh gosh it has happened so many times over the past 5 years or so. Usually forgettable characters who we never hear from again.

Froggish

Conversely, CGP says a guy has a nick, and he'll not be seen the rest of the season.

I actually prefer to play the Sr. QB. We have a habit of making Freshmen making their first start look like Heismann candidates.

To GP a nick equals 2-4 weeks

Frog-in-law1995

Oh gosh it has happened so many times over the past 5 years or so. Usually forgettable characters who we never hear from again.

Well, we played against only 1 freshman QB last year, Chase Garbers from Cal, who went 12-19 for 93 yards and 3 picks.

1 in 2017, Charlie Brewer of Baylor, who went 19-29 for 301, 2TD and 1 int. Lost to us by 3 scores.

4 in 20-6, redshirt Freshman Joel Lanning of Iowa State who went 12-21 for 127, Ben Hicks of SMU who went 19/34 for 244 and 2 picks, and Shane Buechele of Texas who went 16-39 for 218 and 1 int,and Jacob Eason of Georgia in the bowl game, who went 12-21 for 164 and 2 TDs (also, the only one on this list who beat us).

Im tired of looking at this point, but seriously doubt a freshman looked like a Heisman candidate against our 2014 or 15 teams. Certainly not in their first start. So I’m calling BS on your ridiculous statement.

Moose Stuff

Well, we played against only 1 freshman QB last year, Chase Garbers from Cal, who went 12-19 for 93 yards and 3 picks.

1 in 2017, Charlie Brewer of Baylor, who went 19-29 for 301, 2TD and 1 int. Lost to us by 3 scores.

4 in 20-6, redshirt Freshman Joel Lanning of Iowa State who went 12-21 for 127, Ben Hicks of SMU who went 19/34 for 244 and 2 picks, and Shane Buechele of Texas who went 16-39 for 218 and 1 int,and Jacob Eason of Georgia in the bowl game, who went 12-21 for 164 and 2 TDs (also, the only one on this list who beat us).

Im tired of looking at this point, but seriously doubt a freshman looked like a Heisman candidate against our 2014 or 15 teams. Certainly not in their first start. So I’m calling BS on your ridiculous statement.
Taking it a step further he actually said “freshmen making their FIRST start”. I’m not sure that’s even happened, let alone that the guy has gone off on us.

BleedNPurple

The guy for Ohio State, Sam Ehlinger UT - not looking up stats.

Volare

Taking it a step further he actually said “freshmen making their FIRST start”. I’m not sure that’s even happened, let alone that the guy has gone off on us.

Forgive my exaggeration. I should have said "nobody backup QB." I actually did a search for "Heismann candidate" as I recall several times remarking in gameday threads about how we were again making a nobody QB look like a Heismann candidate. Alas board updates have rendered the search function limited in wayback scope.

CountryFrog

Forgive my exaggeration. I should have said "nobody backup QB." I actually did a search for "Heismann candidate" as I recall several times remarking in gameday threads about how we were again making a nobody QB look like a Heismann candidate. Alas board updates have rendered the search function limited in wayback scope.
So once again you're not going to be able to actually name any of these alleged incidents?