• The KillerFrogs

Uniform for this weekend....

Actually just looked it up. Not great.

2014: 2-0
WVU: Played like poop against a good, but not great, team. Won on last second field goal.
Kansas: Needed a 10 point comeback against one of the worst teams in the country

2015: 1-2
Minnesota: Won by 6 against a team that ended the regular season 5-7.
Oklahoma State: Destroyed, ended undefeated season, Doctson lost for the year.
Oklahoma: Well on our way to getting destroyed before Mayfield goes down. Lost on 2 point conversion

2016: 2-2
SMU: Up 6-3 at the end of the half. Ended up pulling away in the second half.
WVU: Beat up and destroyed
Baylor: An actual good win! Killed them.
Georgia: Blew 4th quarter lead, lost bowl game.

2017: 1-1
Arkansas: Pretty good win.
Oklahoma: Beat up and destroyed.

2018: 0-2
WVU: Beat up and destroyed.
Kansas: Loss. LOSS. This should count against the Stormtroopers twice. LOST.

Overall record: 6-7.
I have no idea about the effect of the uniform worn in games, although I suspect it is not that much, but I must say I'm impressed that someone would expend that level of effort to prove their theory of ju-ju.

Deep Purple

No, they're just too much. And I don't mean that as in 60s "too much," like super groovy cool. I mean that as in contemporary "too much," as in overdone, over the top, excessive.

If you're going to go with the clean, white storm trooper look, cluttering it up with that Black Panther claw necklace image defeats the purpose.

Focus, TCU! Focus!

Last edited:

nwlafrog

No, they're just too much. And I don't mean that as in 60s "too much," like super groovy cool. I mean that as in contemporary "too much," as in overdone, over the top, excessive.

If you're going to go with the clean, white storm trooper look, cluttering it up with that Black Panther claw necklace image defeats the purpose.

Focus, TCU! Focus!

I like the uniform so much more now after you used the phrase “super groovy cool”. If you don’t like it, now I think that the kids and most fans like it.

Moose Stuff

Actually just looked it up. Not great.

2014: 2-0
WVU: Played like poop against a good, but not great, team. Won on last second field goal.
Kansas: Needed a 10 point comeback against one of the worst teams in the country

2015: 1-2
Minnesota: Won by 6 against a team that ended the regular season 5-7.
Oklahoma State: Destroyed, ended undefeated season, Doctson lost for the year.
Oklahoma: Well on our way to getting destroyed before Mayfield goes down. Lost on 2 point conversion

2016: 2-2
SMU: Up 6-3 at the end of the half. Ended up pulling away in the second half.
WVU: Beat up and destroyed
Baylor: An actual good win! Killed them.
Georgia: Blew 4th quarter lead, lost bowl game.

2017: 1-1
Arkansas: Pretty good win.
Oklahoma: Beat up and destroyed.

2018: 0-2
WVU: Beat up and destroyed.
Kansas: Loss. LOSS. This should count against the Stormtroopers twice. LOST.

Overall record: 6-7.

Point conceded. New point...... uniforms have zero impact on the game so who gives a scheiss?

CryptoMiner

Focus, TCU! Focus!

Dude you’re too much.

And I don't mean that in a Beatlesque kind of too much but more of a 1940s too much.

Last edited:

froginmn

Hands down the dumbest widely held superstition in sports history.
Maybe, but superstition is also part of the fabric of sports.

Pitchers not stepping on the foul lines, guys using the same glove (or helmet, that's been front page with AB), not changing lucky clothes, not shaving, and on and on. Rally caps, ignoring a pitcher during a no hitter, need I go on?

Juju is what started the whole discussion.

Paint It Purple

Pitchers not stepping on the foul lines, guys using the same glove (or helmet, that's been front page with AB), not changing lucky clothes, not shaving, and on and on. Rally caps, ignoring a pitcher during a no hitter, need I go on?

Pistol Pete Maravich=socks

CountryFrog

And all of those things are incredibly dumb imo. I think baseball is just so boring that players have to make up little games and things to help pass the time while they're waiting for one groundball every 2 hours to come their way.

Wexahu

And all of those things are incredibly dumb imo. I think baseball is just so boring that players have to make up little games and things to help pass the time while they're waiting for one groundball every 2 hours to come their way.

No doubt. I can't imagine how monotonous a 162-game season is, basically playing a game every damn day for 6 months. Gotta think up stupid [ Finebaum ] just to keep from going crazy with boredom.

froginmn

To each his own I suppose. I played soccer for many years and there's lots of action but watching the game makes me want to cry.