• The KillerFrogs

TCU #85, 111 in ESPN top 150 College Teams of All Time

CountryFrog

That 08 team was...really good, but had some flaws. I watched Bradford absolutely demolish them, and I don't that happens against the 09 or 10 team. I also don't think the 09 or 10 teams leaves the Utah game up to the kicker either.

Absolutely agree about the 2010 schedule. We really only had 1.5 "good" teams on our schedule that year (I maintain the Oregon State team we beat was way better than the Oregon State team that played most of the year without the Rodgers brothers) prior to the bowl game, which is why we were set to be jumped by Boise before Kapmagic.
We just didn't have the offense in 08 to keep up with OU and their Heisman winning QB (kind of like the last 2 years). Boise and Utah also held our offense down pretty well that year. We didn't have a very explosive downfield passing game and that made us a little too easy to defend against the better teams.

PurpleBlood87

There was a HUGE difference between Sophomore Andy Dalton and Junior Andy Dalton. While 08 and 09 had a lot of the same guys, several of those guys in addition to Dalton were better football players in 09 than they were in 08, especially on offense.

Just watch that Pick Six against BSU in the Fiesta Bowl to know Dalton was better as a senior.

MTfrog5

Just watch that Pick Six against BSU in the Fiesta Bowl to know Dalton was better as a senior.
Wasn’t the best route by the WR if I remember correctly. Can say I’ve only seen that play one other time besides being at the game. Dalton learned a lot on that one pass as he settled down after that. Unfortunately it decided the game.

Obviously Dalton got better with experience but I doubt he and the offense would have achieved as much of a transition had Schultz stayed. When Fuente took over as OC in 09, the offense became a lot more effective.

Leap Frog

Yes. However to TCU's credit they have not hung a natty banner for '32.

Johnny Vaught was an A-A and all conference guard from the 1932 team along with 7 others on a dominant squad.
The 8 all conference players, including Vaught:
Madison Pruitt, end
Blanard Spearman, running back
J.W. Townsend, center
Lon Evans, guard
Ben Boswell, tackle
Foster Howell, tackle
Red Oliver, running back
Coached by Francis Schmidt and ably assisted by Dutch Meyer.

DeuceBoogieNights

IMO Peach Bowl team beats Rose Bowl team at least 2 out of 3 times.

I think I agree but the Rose Bowl team had so much NFL talent. Could the Peach Bowl team lock down Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Skye Dawson, Bart Johnson, and Josh Boyce? I think the Rose Bowl offensive line is better than Peach bowl team.

Would love to be able to watch that in real life.

Wexahu

I think I agree but the Rose Bowl team had so much NFL talent. Could the Peach Bowl team lock down Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Skye Dawson, Bart Johnson, and Josh Boyce? I think the Rose Bowl offensive line is better than Peach bowl team.

Two closely-matched teams IMO. I think the Rose Bowl team was more disciplined and "solid", but the '14 team was probably more explosive. Both playing their best, maybe give the slight odd to '14, but not by much at all.

Moose Stuff

Same question..... could the Rose Bowl team stop Boykin, Doctson, Listenbee, Green.....? The Peach defense was better than Rose IMO, DL especially.