• The KillerFrogs

Purdue Feels Sorry For TCU

4th. down

If your Purdue you’d ideally want Moore on a LB or the Freshman...I’d bet their strategy is to line their big TE and Moore up on the same side of the field and force TCU into coverage decisions. Normally we see the SAM LB (LVZ or Winters) Line up on the TE side but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t trail Moore with Gaines anytime he’s in the slot. If he’s on the outside we’ll likely see Gladney on him. GP will probably alternate trailing him with Gaines or Gladney depending on whether he lines up inside or outside. I don’t know if we can control him but if we can’t do it with those two, we can’t do it.

Success against vertical machines like Purdue really is about not giving them the vertical routs and big plays they want. Make them throw short balls and get to 3rd downs. If they beat you..so be it. Big play teams hate 3rd downs because they have to be efficient and mistake free. Generally they get impatient and force balls..We need to frustrate them by taking away their big plays and force them play efficiently..If they have to march down the field and convert 3rd downs over and over we will get the W. They aren’t built to play that kind of football..

Froggish, one of the better post on Purdue and how to cope with them. It may just be me, but it seems that GP does not blitz as much recently as in the past. Believe he brings serious heat the 2nd. half. They cannot run, bring it. i cannot stand Texas but Orlando brings that heat repeatedly. They just ran into a QB that had the game of his life.

Froggish

Froggish, one of the better post on Purdue and how to cope with them. It may just be me, but it seems that GP does not blitz as much recently as in the past. Believe he brings serious heat the 2nd. half. They cannot run, bring it. i cannot stand Texas but Orlando brings that heat repeatedly. They just ran into a QB that had the game of his life.

One could argue that Orlando probably lost them that game with that 3rd down call but better to go out aggressively. Seems like GP wants to watch the game unfold before showing all his tricks. I think it’s why we always start slow. Based on what Purdue wants to do, we should be able to control their run game with the front 4. If we can get pressure without the blitz we for sure win.

Blitzing isn’t free though....It needs to be creative and the timing has to be right or it’s expensive

4th. down

One could argue that Orlando probably lost them that game with that 3rd down call but better to go out aggressively. Seems like GP wants to watch the game unfold before showing all his tricks. I think it’s why we always start slow. Based on what Purdue wants to do, we should be able to control their run game with the front 4. If we can get pressure without the blitz we for sure win.

Blitzing isn’t free though....It needs to be creative and the timing has to be right or it’s expensive

I think we go about 50-50 on 3 down or 4 linemen against Purdue. Even so, GP is famous for making great halftime adjustments in his defense. Their QB is not a run threat nor is their running game, so we can't bite on the fake to the RB, put the rush on him to get him rattled. Still looking for Gladney to come on one of GP's patented corner blitzes.

Sindelar may lead the nation early on passing, but we've got to like the experience of Gaines, Gladney, Scott, and Moehrig along with their athletic ability roaming around in the secondary. This is a big game for Stewart.

Froggish

I think we go about 50-50 on 3 down or 4 linemen against Purdue. Even so, GP is famous for making great halftime adjustments in his defense. Their QB is not a run threat nor is their running game, so we can't bite on the fake to the RB, put the rush on him to get him rattled. Still looking for Gladney to come on one of GP's patented corner blitzes.

Sindelar may lead the nation early on passing, but we've got to like the experience of Gaines, Gladney, and Moehrig along with their athletic ability roaming around in the secondary. This is a big game for Stewart.

If it’s true that Sindelar is in concussion protocol and he passes the test to play, I’d have a hard time believing they will run him at all.

GP has been in love with the 3rd and long 3-3 stack..my guess is with LVZ, Gaines, and Wallow you essentially have 8 DBS on the field..that’s tough on a QB with no running game to help.

4th. down

If it’s true that Sindelar is in concussion protocol and he passes the test to play, I’d have a hard time believing they will run him at all.

GP has been in love with the 3rd and long 3-3 stack..my guess is with LVZ, Gaines, and Wallow you essentially have 8 DBS on the field..that’s tough on a QB with no running game to help.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, you have to like our chances with 8 dropping back with their experience and athleticism. Don't get fooled by their run game, Bethley and Blacklock can lock that down.

Mean Purple

I read that as he felt sorry for Vandy, not TCU.

Could be wrong and makes a better story if he means TCU.
Read it the same way, or just defenders in general.

Regardless, Rondale Moore had video game numbers last week. Insane. And they can use him in running back fashion too.

Eight

Sindelar may lead the nation early on passing, but we've got to like the experience of Gaines, Gladney, Scott, and Moehrig along with their athletic ability roaming around in the secondary. This is a big game for Stewart.

i really hope we don't see a great deal of 3 man front, but i have a feeling we will if purdue can't establish the running game

4th. down

124 yds. and 1 TD against that vaunted Wolf Pack defense, and then Oregon lays 77 on the same defense?

We will see a totally different TCU Saturday from APB.