• The KillerFrogs

UT Visiting Band Section

Froginbedford

I believe that the TCU Band was located in that same section of Memorial Stadium in 2018.

Yes...and why didn't DelConte think of doing that here? Did he suddenly become an uberfan in Austin? Did the big money bags tell him to do it? Did the TCU administration/money bags tell him NOT to do it here?

Boomhauer

I had no problems with LSU fans when we played them in Arlington.

At that same game my buddy and his dad were walking up to the stadium past some tailgating LSU fans who proceeded to pour a beer on his dad (who’s in his late 70s). I assume that pouring beer on old dudes is an outlier for LSU. Personally, didn’t have anything happen to us while we were there.

NewFrogFan

Multiply that by 100,000 and you have the LSU experience.

Nope, took same grandson to LSU Georgia last year with a crowd so large it would EASILY take 3 TCU vs Texas games to produce the same numbers. Not a scratch, maybe it is the fact TCU students just don’t drink so we’ll?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m pretty sure NFF is quite familiar with the “LSU experience”.

Me too, born in Donaldsonville not far from Baton Rouge, wanted to go to LSU growing up, married a a Cajun and my cousin designed the Mike the Tiger habitat. A good friend was a tight end at LSU under Charley Mac and spent quite bit of time around the drunks in around LSU and at a Place Called “Across The River” owned by Tiger and Packer Jim Taylor. We can agree to disagree, but I think he may have some home town blinders on.

Dman890

I don’t have a problem with them moving the band to the upper deck. And the reason delconte did it was primarily to get one continuous student section. The way the stadium is set up / there wasn’t enough room bc of where they used to locate the visiting fans / band.

Delconte is just following the tcu playbook at UT. The reason we didn’t do band here was bc we had room for continuous student section. Donati following suit now but less of a reason other than to just move band out of the way as possible.