• The KillerFrogs

SEC refs?

Limp Lizard

Watched the Clemson-aggy game with increasing joy yesterday.

What the TV crew identified as an SEC crew severely blew several calls yesterday. No bias, just bad calls. If that had been a B12 crew there would be 5 different threads of 700 replies each about how bad the B12 officiating is. Everybody has good an bad crews and even good crews have bad days.

I don't have the problem many have here with B12 officiating. Maybe because I lived through the horrible officiating of CUSA when TCU was a member. I still shiver when I think about those flag-happy crews. The only time I really have had a major problem with a crew was in the 2014 Baylor game.

Deep Purple

Watched the Clemson-aggy game with increasing joy yesterday.

What the TV crew identified as an SEC crew severely blew several calls yesterday. No bias, just bad calls.
That was a bad crew. Seems like every time one threw a flag, they all had to gather for an extended discussion.

I like when this happens on questionable calls and they're trying to get it right -- but these weren't questionable calls. Pretty routine stuff like holding. It was really a drag on the game, and the Clemson fans started booing the crew for turning every flag into a committee meeting.

Maybe the refs felt they weren't getting enough TV time.

Wexahu

Next time a losing team’s fans makes mention of what a great job the officiating crew did let me know. It’s just whining. Complaining about refs is ridiculous IMO except in the most egregious cases. By and large they do a great job. Some calls are missed but they are human.

I’d love to see the people who [ hundin] about it officiate a game and then let everyone assess their performance with the aid of instant replay.