• The KillerFrogs

Interesting wording by GP

Limp Lizard

On Horned Frog Nation TV show, Gary said:
"The system's set up for linebackers to make tackles....if they will just allow themselves to do that."

If they will just allow themselves to do that...that intrigues me.

Limey Frog

I think he means instead of dealing weed around campus and getting busted by the FWPD.

source.gif

FrogCop19

It means not over pursuing, the tackles will come to you if you stay in your spot
Yes, this. Do your job.

So many kids, from middle school to college, try to be in on every play. Sometimes you just won't make the tackle, but if you can force that runner back inside to where the rest of your teammates are flowing, one of them will. You played your part, you did your job. As linebackers, you have a gap responsibility. Do your job, and in this particular system, he's saying the gaps will open up and you will be there. Don't get sucked inside trying to make the easy tackle, don't run across the field and get out of position, just because you want to be on the ESPN highlight reel.

West Coast Johnny

Right, it means that LBs with below average athletic ability can still be all-conference at TCU (Kenny Cain) and even be an all-american (Paul Dawson).

Froggish

I think it’s a dig at our two young inexperienced SAM LBs who played fairly badly the other night. GPs defense is designed to funnel ball carrier towards certain holes and into the waiting arms of a LB..Our youngsters (LVZ & Winters) were continually out of position and reading the fill holes wrong.