• The KillerFrogs

Santa Rosa Press Democrat: The last chance for 49ers' Jason Verrett

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Santa Rosa Press Democrat: The last chance for 49ers' Jason Verrett

PHIL BARBER
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

SANTA CLARA — Nick Bosa, the second pick in the 2019 NFL draft, sprained his ankle at a training-camp practice on Aug. 7, and the world nearly stopped spinning. Would Bosa be ready for the 49ers’ regular-season opener? Could they mount a decent pass rush without him? Was this indicative of the defensive end’s tendency toward injury?

Another 49ers defender sprained an ankle that same day. It got far less attention, but on a personal level, it was a bigger blow. Jason Verrett, an immensely talented cornerback who has rarely been healthy since coming to the NFL five years ago, was sidelined again.

It was a hurdle, albeit a low one, in Verrett’s attempt to kick-start his career with the Niners.

Read more at https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/10007911-181/barber-the-last-chance-for

ShadowFrog

Moderators
If he stops playing we’d do well to get him back here on staff. One moment that always stuck with me about him—he either missed a coverage or tackle or something & GP was massively educating him on the sideline. No audio or sub-titles and it went on for a long quality 45 seconds or so. Musta been a glitch in TV Booth with no commercial cued up. Reason I remember it JV just stood there—listening. Not shaking his head or rolling his eyes or TALKING back. Stoic. Silent. You are right—I was wrong. Not a word outta JV. And when GP was done, JV silently turned & went to the bench & sat down. No cussing, no all-that-was-BS from the coach attitude shrugs from his team-mates. JV is 10 times more mature than most pro players. He’s got natural leadership skills he could impress on our young players. And if we can’t or don’t get him on staff here I hope GP recommends him to some deserving Texas HS that could use a good coach both on & off the field.

Wexahu

Might be my favorite player to ever watch at TCU. By the end of his career here he was playing the CB position damn near perfectly.