• The KillerFrogs

St. Paul Pioneer-Press: Doctson, Cousins hope to revive chemistry with Vikings

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Doctson, Cousins hope to revive chemistry with Vikings
  • By Chris Tomasson St. Paul Pioneer Press
EAGAN, Minn. — Wide receiver Josh Doctson received several offers after being waived by the Washington Redskins last weekend, but no one else had what the Vikings do.

“Minnesota called and it was, ‘Come rejoin Kirk,’ ” Doctson said Wednesday.

Doctson played with quarterback Kirk Cousins in 2016 and 2017, his first two seasons with the Redskins. Now, he’s back with Cousins after the Vikings signed Doctson Tuesday to a one-year contract.

JogginFrog

Article ends with:

The Vikings spoke to Cousins last year before bringing in one of his former Washington receivers, and that worked out OK. After Week 2, they signed Aldrick Robinson, who caught 17 passes for 231 yards and five touchdowns in 14 games for Minnesota.

“Picking up Josh Doctson, I think, is a great pickup,” Cousins said. “I can vouch for him as a teammate, as a person, as a player.”
https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/...emistry-he-had-with-kirk-cousins-on-redskins/

He was the second most targeted receiver for Cousins in Washington. No info on how well they got along but there is that.

I saw interviews with Cousins and Doctson. Doctson said he held off on other offers, hoping to reunite with Cousins and get back in purple. Cousins seemed really excited. He talked about Doctson high pointing the ball, then added that he’s more than a one trick pony. He can run slants, come backs, go routes and dive for the ball. He acknowledged that he should have used Josh more in the red zone. He hopes he can have more opportunities.

FrogAbroad

I saw interviews with Cousins and Doctson. Doctson said he held off on other offers, hoping to reunite with Cousins and get back in purple. Cousins seemed really excited. He talked about Doctson high pointing the ball, then added that he’s more than a one trick pony. He can run slants, come backs, go routes and dive for the ball. He acknowledged that he should have used Josh more in the red zone. He hopes he can have more opportunities.

That may explain (my) perceived lack of chemistry between the two. It may reveal, too, the OC's overall offensive philosophy regardless of how well a couple of players get along. In any event I'd much rather see JD (or anyone!) have success with the Vikes than with the hated Redskins.