• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Not sure Dak can get the job done even with Zeke. Think Dalton and many others would have just as much success if he had anywhere close to the RB and OL that Dak has had.

I think giving Dak $30 million a year(or whatever they end up giving him) will be the biggest mistake of all the new extensions. I'm not a big Dak fan. But Jerry won't give a damn if the Cowboys end up winning the Super Bowl.

netty2424

If anything, Zeke has big balls. Say what you want about Jerry, but Zeke & Co out negotiated an effective negotiator that seemingly held all the cards.

Purp

I don't think it will be, as long as he stays out of trouble off the field. Zeke is a damn good running back. The Cowboys don't go anywhere without him. Dak can't get the job done without Zeke.
The off field trouble is the big key for me. I'd make sure there was a clause in the contract stipulating expectations of the field and consequences for not meeting expectations. Otherwise, I think it's a good deal. He gets what he wants, which is a long term deal paying him past his prime and the Cowboys get a guy who will be one of the best in the league during that time and who will probably come down off his prime in about 6 years. That means they will still have a productive RB in year 7 and may only take a big cap hit in year 8.

flyfishingfrog

The off field trouble is the big key for me. I'd make sure there was a clause in the contract stipulating expectations of the field and consequences for not meeting expectations. Otherwise, I think it's a good deal. He gets what he wants, which is a long term deal paying him past his prime and the Cowboys get a guy who will be one of the best in the league during that time and who will probably come down off his prime in about 6 years. That means they will still have a productive RB in year 7 and may only take a big cap hit in year 8.
My concern is I don't see Zeke making it that long as a top running back given the level of reps he is going to have to have with Dak as the QB.

His avg runs per game is pretty high for a guy to have a career as long as his contract - so either that is going to change and he and Dak both won't be as effective or he is going to wear out and then it will be more than just a single year of paying way too much for too little.

He hasn't injury problems - which is probably the only thing that makes me pause a little in my thinking. But he is a bonehead off the field sometimes and that might offset the no injury thing.

I do agree with others that the bigger mistake was Dak - you could have brought in a number of guys to run this offensive with the OL, WR and RB core that he has, but I guess the team loves him in the locker room.

Wexahu

If anything, Zeke has big balls. Say what you want about Jerry, but Zeke & Co out negotiated an effective negotiator that seemingly held all the cards.

Exactly, he called Jerry's bluff and won. If I'm Dak I'm not sure I show up for practice again until my deal is signed. He has WAY more leverage than Elliott.

This Elliott deal will look terrible in a year or two when he decides ramming it up between the tackles isn't quite worth it anymore. Not sure any big money running back has ever panned out like a team thinks it will.

talor

My concern is I don't see Zeke making it that long as a top running back given the level of reps he is going to have to have with Dak as the QB.

His avg runs per game is pretty high for a guy to have a career as long as his contract - so either that is going to change and he and Dak both won't be as effective or he is going to wear out and then it will be more than just a single year of paying way too much for too little.

He hasn't injury problems - which is probably the only thing that makes me pause a little in my thinking. But he is a bonehead off the field sometimes and that might offset the no injury thing.

I do agree with others that the bigger mistake was Dak - you could have brought in a number of guys to run this offensive with the OL, WR and RB core that he has, but I guess the team loves him in the locker room.
We don't have any idea about the structure and clauses and penalties within the contract. Nor the amount guaranteed yet.

netty2424

At lunch.
HAZMAT unit pulls up.

Been nice knowin' you guys.
You at Whataburger?
tenor.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I havent seen anything from Zeke that would suggest he will stay out of trouble. He's a ticking time bomb.
Isn’t he the guy that quit on Ohio state because he didn’t get enough carries in a game or something like that? My impression could be wrong but I don’t see a guy hungry for a championship that will sacrifice to get there. I do see a guy that doesn’t mind being out of shape in the off season and just got paid. If he wants to take the beating for a championship it will work. If he doesn’t, well, he got paid. I would have found a veteran back for a lower cap hit that would have been fine with the line Dallas has. But I don’t make the big bucks making these decisions.

Wexahu

Isn’t he the guy that quit on Ohio state because he didn’t get enough carries in a game or something like that? My impression could be wrong but I don’t see a guy hungry for a championship that will sacrifice to get there. I do see a guy that doesn’t mind being out of shape in the off season and just got paid. If he wants to take the beating for a championship it will work. If he doesn’t, well, he got paid. I would have found a veteran back for a lower cap hit that would have been fine with the line Dallas has. But I don’t make the big bucks making these decisions.

By the time the extension kicks in there's a really good chance he'll already be on the downside of his career and fading fast. Already had him locked up for 2 more years...4 years if they wanted to franchise tag him a couple times. I hate Zeke so I was hoping Jerry would have some resolve.

Tom Brown

Think how much cocaine he can buy with $30mill.

Edit: 1/3 of what he will get with $90mill

Last edited:

Purp

He didn't look out of shape in those photos from Cabo a few weeks ago.