• The KillerFrogs

New season same Sonny Cumbie

y2kFrog

Sorry if you didn't see it, but at one point late in the 2nd quarter, he was jumping all over Cumbie on the sideline. Other people sitting around me saw it also, so it wasn't just me thinking I saw something that didn't happen.

It was after the Moehrig interception. There were like :26 seconds left in the half, and Cumbie called a screen that blown up. GP went ballistic...

Froggy Style

I think Duggan started improvising a little and took too long. Luckily it was a penalty that gave them an untimed down.
Incorrect...once refs let them snap, it takes several seconds to snap the ball. Zero reason not to call a TO as you knew an incomplete pass would be a FG anyway, you can't let time roll off before you snap the ball.

This is on Gary as he calls timeouts...but shouldn't. Our coaches are just flat bad at simple math...and need to hire someone to only be responsible for TO's and when to go for two.

CountryFrog

speaking of 7 seconds, how the hell did the pass attempt to reagor take 7 seconds
It didn't. 2 seconds ran off the clock before the ball got snapped. Then Duggan didn't throw the ball right away.

I think we could've had a scenario where 1 second was put back on the clock if not for the PI, but when the official announced that the clock would start on his signal then we should've burned the timeout immediately so that we actually would've had the full 7 seconds to throw the ball to the end zone.

CountryFrog

Weird thing but did anyone else notice that if Moehrig just cuts to sideline on the return rather then towards the middle of the field he houses that pick for a TD..
Yes. You're taught as a defender after an interception to get to the sideline and stay to the sideline and that is how everyone else will block for you. Obviously every situation is different so that isn't ALWAYS the best thing to do but it certainly looked like he should've stayed on the sideline right there.

Chew

Dear Lord guys.... one season Cumbie is the messiah and “how dare UT try to steal our OC.” Now in a complete aboutface “he’s no good and here’s why I really didn’t mean what I said about him years before”.
For arguments sake that one season was several seasons ago, and the record on his performance has been up and down since.

Still think we are going to be fine. Wins will happen. Losses will happen. Beers will be consumed. And people will [ hundin] to their internet friends. Such is life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wexahu

Dear Lord guys.... one season Cumbie is the messiah and “how dare UT try to steal our OC.” Now in a complete aboutface “he’s no good and here’s why I really didn’t mean what I said about him years before”.

At this point I fully expect us to struggle all year offensively. There will be some big plays sprinkled in here and there but I think game to game it's always going to be kind of a sloppy, disjointed mess and that GP's game and program management is always going to work around his lack of confidence in the offense. Probably overreacting to one game but it's really not one game, it's been more than 3 seasons since I thought we were really any good offensively and Saturday night it didn't look like there was any change whatsoever in what we were trying to do. I'm not sure this offense we're trying to run even has much of a chance of being successful, that might be the most discouraging thing.

Hemingway

At this point I fully expect us to struggle all year offensively. There will be some big plays sprinkled in here and there but I think game to game it's always going to be kind of a sloppy, disjointed mess and that GP's game and program management is always going to work around his lack of confidence in the offense. Probably overreacting to one game but it's really not one game, it's been more than 3 seasons since I thought we were really any good offensively and Saturday night it didn't look like there was any change whatsoever in what we were trying to do. I'm not sure this offense we're trying to run even has much of a chance of being successful, that might be the most discouraging thing.
Have you thought about how having two completely different qbs playing could create a offensive identity crisis?

jake102

Also the terrible clock operator didn’t stop the clock. The ball hit the ground with 1 or 2 seconds left.

And yeh, I can’t imagine what was going through Cumbie’s head on that screen pass with 35 seconds left. Straight insanity. Just remarkable actually

Dogfrog

Why not just copy and paste your takes. And the same ditto guy always like your posts. Congrats.