• The KillerFrogs

New season same Sonny Cumbie

ticketfrog123

We’ll see. I certainly hope he does. Just not convinced yet. Have become a little jaded regarding the use of the position these past years.

I don’t think we had one healthy scholarship TE on the roster from 12-16. The one we offered (Gilbert) ended up having a career ending injury pretty early in 12 or 13 after arriving on campus.

Maybe the secret to all our redzone woes

Chongo94

I don’t think we had one healthy scholarship TE on the roster from 12-16. The one we offered (Gilbert) ended up having a career ending injury pretty early in 12 or 13 after arriving on campus.

Maybe the secret to all our redzone woes

Gah, I had forgotten about him, dang. Yeah, that’s right. I’m just frustrated, especially when we have a yearly dose of what OU can do with them.

TRF51

The good thing is that Cumbie has been so bad that when we demote him, he has no choice but to stay. I am thinking that might happen this year. If GP steps down we cannot leave our program in his hands.

CryptoMiner

Lackluster play calling

Where’s the running game?

Not sure he can scheme very well

The plays seem to be poorly designed and take a long time to develop

I know, we don’t want to show Purdue too much

Well, mission accomplished. We aren’t showing them anything

He called the game CGP wanted him to call. Running game least of the worries so they worked on other aspects.

puckster59

I don't think you can have the abject failure that was the red zone offense Saturday against a team like that and pretend you're simply calling a vanilla offense because it's the opener. The Frogs have consistently had a problem in recent years lining up and knocking people backwards to pick up a yard or two or three when needed. This line is supposed to be one of the better ones. But look at all the short gains on runs Saturday. You're not giving away secrets by snapping the ball and knocking the other guys on their butts and ripping off consistent gains that a P5 "contender" is supposed to get against a lower division program.

And I'm as sick of bubble screens and fades as anyone. A question that's rarely asked, though: Are we sure we have guys who can get separation and run different routes? Diarse was a guy who could run slants and gave as much punishment after the catch as he absorbed. Ty didn't have burner speed and had to know how to separate. We'll see moving forward, I guess. But several posters responded to the "vanilla game plan" posts Saturday by saying that IS the TCU pass offense. I can't say I disagree with that assessment.

JockO de Frog

I don't think you can have the abject failure that was the red zone offense Saturday against a team like that and pretend you're simply calling a vanilla offense because it's the opener. The Frogs have consistently had a problem in recent years lining up and knocking people backwards to pick up a yard or two or three when needed. This line is supposed to be one of the better ones. But look at all the short gains on runs Saturday. You're not giving away secrets by snapping the ball and knocking the other guys on their butts and ripping off consistent gains that a P5 "contender" is supposed to get against a lower division program.

And I'm as sick of bubble screens and fades as anyone. A question that's rarely asked, though: Are we sure we have guys who can get separation and run different routes? Diarse was a guy who could run slants and gave as much punishment after the catch as he absorbed. Ty didn't have burner speed and had to know how to separate. We'll see moving forward, I guess. But several posters responded to the "vanilla game plan" posts Saturday by saying that IS the TCU pass offense. I can't say I disagree with that assessment.
I think this is what bothered me the most-we could not move their D line even when we needed it. CT may not be as great as billed.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Sorry if you didn't see it, but at one point late in the second quarter, he was all over Cumbie on the sideline. Other people sitting around me saw it also, so it wasn't just thinking I saw something that didn't happen.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Lame attempt at saying he looks like he is jumping people even when he isn’t.

Sorry if you didn't see it, but at one point late in the 2nd quarter, he was jumping all over Cumbie on the sideline. Other people sitting around me saw it also, so it wasn't just me thinking I saw something that didn't happen.