• The KillerFrogs

We need both of them bruh

Mean Purple

I know but betcha we be more dialed in. Way too many assessments being made about the team and Cumbie based on a glorified scrimmage. Give me a break. The next two weeks are key.
The assessments are being made dating back the past couple of years. You could predict they play calls all night.

BABYFACE

Many drops. Gotta do better than 45% but dang we are good at dropping passes. Ugh
Delton had receivers drop well thrown balls. He zipped a well thrown ball to Derius Davis that should have been a TD, but dropped.

Delton and Duggan showed enough at QB to be successful this season. Need better play from the WR’s. Lack of getting into a rhythm on offense didn’t help.

wilson912

If we are so down on Cumbie, who are we going to put in his place as a play caller. Honestly, the quarterbacks over the two years have not been very good. Kenny Hill is a great kid but was very very inconsistent and couldn’t be trusted as a passer. Last year, give me a break! Very very easy to pick on the play caller, just ask Mike Schultz!

StinnettFrog

I don’t think anyone is happy about last nights performance but at least give them a couple of games to see what they really are. Luckily the first 6 games are games we should win. Hopefully everything works it’s wa out by week 3. We will beat Purdue

wilson912

I don’t think anyone is happy about last nights performance but at least give them a couple of games to see what they really are. Luckily the first 6 games are games we should win. Hopefully everything works it’s wa out by week 3. We will beat Purdue

Agree, don’t judge the dang thing based on the UAPB result. All about next couple-Purdue won’t be easy and, who knows, Methodist might put up a fight with Sonny D at the helm!

PurpleBlood87

Putting all of the mistakes is not fair, sloppy across the board, pretty much a scrimmage. Quit scheduling teams UAPB, Southern, Grambling, etc. Whynot University of North Texas, UTSA, UTEP, ie more regionally focused?

Because the head coach wants to play a Division II opponent. Because he coached in those ranks and wants to help those programs out.

robbroyy

It’s become a sport to attack Cumbie not unlike the attacks on mike Schultz back in the day
Schultz’s attack’s were more warranted than Cumbie. Short side option on 3rd and 7+. He cost us the Utah game in 08.

Cumbie is getting attacked for players not executing.

I go back to what he did vs Baylor and OKST to end the year last year. Pretty creative play calling when you basically can’t use your QB.

Now if you want to jump on him as a QB coach ok.

BankerFrog

Putting all of the mistakes is not fair, sloppy across the board, pretty much a scrimmage. Quit scheduling teams UAPB, Southern, Grambling, etc. Whynot University of North Texas, UTSA, UTEP, ie more regionally focused?
Not to be overly pedantic, but UTEP is ~9 hours from TCU. UAPB is closer to ~5

tcudoc

Not to be overly pedantic, but UTEP is ~9 hours from TCU. UAPB is closer to ~5
So true.
Fun facts that I love to share with people who don’t realize how big Texas is:
If you are in El Paso, you are closer to Los Angeles than you are to Beaumont.
If you are in Texarkana, you are closer to Chicago than you are to El Paso.