• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Matthew Baldwin granted immediate eligibility

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Matthew Baldwin granted immediate eligibility

By Drew Davison

TCU quarterback Matthew Baldwin’s immediate eligibility reconsideration request has been granted by the NCAA, coach Gary Patterson said on Saturday.

The NCAA denied the initial immediate eligibility waiver filed by TCU on behalf of Baldwin earlier this month, but the school fought that decision through a reconsideration request filed more two weeks ago.

TCU received word of Baldwin being eligible late Friday.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article234553932.html#storylink=cpy

ticketfrog123

It was a relatively minor surgery over a month ago and he has been throwing. He probably needs some reps, but I’d estimate that he is cleared to play by Purdue.

Jog my memory, are you the LT guy who knows the family or is from that area?

Otherwise, it was still a surgery, potentially minor, and the Purdue game is only ~7 weeks from his surgery.

Nobody really has a clue about his practice reps and warmup throws don’t count

Frogmore

I'm the family friend that knows them and the surgery was the first of June. That's three months ago. Yes, he's been throwing. Doing great with the scout team in preparation for the season. He may not be completely cleared by Purdue, but could possible be. I hope so. Go Frogs!!

Casey T

I'm the family friend that knows them and the surgery was the first of June. That's three months ago. Yes, he's been throwing. Doing great with the scout team in preparation for the season. He may not be completely cleared by Purdue, but could possible be. I hope so. Go Frogs!!

Keep us posted please!