• The KillerFrogs

Fire whoever is in charge of gameday experience.

Baja Frog

What compels someone to wake up in the morning and tweet at the athletic director about hot dogs? The older I get the less people there are that can even remotely relate to.
I don't know anything about that but if you would have ordered a "Railhead" chopped beef sandwich it might be understandable that you feel compelled to tweet somebody. Can't believe Railhead allows their name to be associated with such a poor product.

There are of course greater travesties. Carry on

SnoSki

My complaint was the game was 3 hours 40 minutes long. That is what is going to run off fans. I couldn’t believe how many timeouts and commercials there were. The first quarter alone was an hour and only 3 points scored.

Bingo. Really my only problem with watching games at any stadium these days. 4+ hours in the stadium, to say nothing about the time it takes to get there, tailgate, and leave.

Wish we had no tv commercials unless there is a change of possession or injury.

HG73

As someone sitting under that addition, I'm afraid I must disagree. It sucks.

Here's the view from my seat of our awesome new scoreboard:

There's an echo thing going on under there too, which makes the PA sound pretty much like a less intelligible version of Charlie Brown's teacher. The only things I could make out were the third down and first down calls, and that's likely because I've heard them for decades and they're imprinted on my brain.
Bet it gets hot under there, is there any ventilation? Regarding the scoreboard, from my seat on the other side I have to turn my head severely to the left to see the new scoreboard.

Bet it gets hot under there, is there any ventilation? Regarding the scoreboard, from my seat on the other side I have to turn my head severely to the left to see the new scoreboard.
we walked up there before the game to check it out. There were big ceiling fans, but they weren't on. Curious to know if the y were activated at some point.

The view from Row MM was perfect. Completely covered by the overhang, but clear sightlines to the video board. They also have little TV's up there.

HG73

Back to the new eastside addition, it looks AWESOME. And it's not even finished, looks like a haunted house. Imagine how it will look cleaned up with the glass installed. Makes our stadium look much bigger and will project great on TV since that side is always on camera.

HToady

It is impossible for the teams and crowd to stay in the flow of the game because of the TV timeouts. Something needs to change but money will always trump common sense regarding advertising dollars.
There is such an easy resolution to this but they just can't seem to be organized to do it:

Noticing that TV timeouts were 2 minutes and 35 seconds long. schedule the commercials with regular time outs. Thats all you have to do:

Commercials during team timeouts.
Commercials during quarter changes.
Commercials after a score.
Make Officials reviews 2:35 long and schedule commercials (I noticed that didn't pull away during reviews).
Make injury time outs 2:35 long (I noticed they didn't pull away during injuries)
Make the entire halftime a commercial. I don't care I'm at the game.

Is that not enough?

Lone Frog

There's still a breeze, since the construction isn't finished. They did put fans in, but they weren't turned on.

None of that bothers me. I've sat sweltering in the sun or freezing in the winter and endured it for the sake of watching the game. But not being able to hear anything is awful. Not being able to see anything besides what's on the field (no replays, no reviews, no closeups, no stats) is awful. Combine them and it's a crappy experience.

hiphopfroggy

This is why I drink Coors...

706d9dcfce533a7012ad22083921a2e3.jpg

Silver Bullets

You plastic straw people should be ashamed. You're not toddlers, use your lips to drink so we dont have to live in a trash dump, thanks.

UnderToad

I gotta be honest, I’ve literally never purchased food at a TCU football game. We always eat somewhere before or after.

This. I eat at my tailgate before game and at halftime. BTW left at beginning of halftime last night at gate near little scoreboard as literally a dozen security people said goodbye, you can’t come back in, and then 20 minutes later walked right back in past those same security people. Saw others doing that too. Nobody said a word.

Double D

Tier 1
Here's my 2 cents...

I understand it was a cluster on the EAST side getting in. I learned a long time ago to go in at least 30 minutes before kickoff, at least an hour for the first home game. They will get this fixed once construction wraps up and more gates open.

As far as the 'game experience', I don't go for the game experience, I go for the game. All the extra video/music stuff, I could care less. I do like the new video board. Crystal clear! It is great for replays especially for the older crowd like me and FROGLAW. As far as audio goes, the sound coming from the video board did not seem as loud. However, I did experience an echo at times. I think they need to go back and recalibrate the sound system.

I can't speak about concessions. I'm in the SEZ club and the food was much better than last year. I don't go for all the FOO FOO chef stuff. I just stick to the burgers/hot dogs, etc. The hot dogs are some of the best I have ever had. The chocolate chip cookies are to die for!

Overall, I thought the game was enjoyable given the opponent. Ya TCU has some work to do around the stadium, but overall I think it was a good first game. I will grade again after the SMU game. As far as the team goes, GP will right the ship. I think if TCU stays healthy, it will be a great season! QB? Duggan looked better to me but what do I know?

GO FROGS!

SnoSki

As someone sitting under that addition, I'm afraid I must disagree. It sucks.

Here's the view from my seat of our awesome new scoreboard:

There's an echo thing going on under there too, which makes the PA sound pretty much like a less intelligible version of Charlie Brown's teacher. The only things I could make out were the third down and first down calls, and that's likely because I've heard them for decades and they're imprinted on my brain.
Did you see the big TVs under there? Also the ceiling fans? IMO that makes up for it.