• The KillerFrogs

There aren't enough threads about the offense...

Are you happy with the Offensive Play Calling?

• Total voters

BankerFrog

Was I happy with the play calling? Not really

But don't y'all also think (hope) that we're leaving some tricks in the bag and not showing our hands against vastly inferior teams?

At least that better be the case...

Moose Stuff

I’ll preface this by saying that I was criticized yesterday for being too positive and not worrying enough so take my observations for the apparent sunshine pumping that they are.... I’ll worry about the offense if they lay an egg at Purdue and even then I’d give them a little leniency to be better by the time they roll into Ames and Manhattan. The litmus test for me is UT. I’ll wait until then to fully jump on board the “we need a new OC” bandwagon. I couldn’t care less about most of what happened last night.

RoyaltyWorePurple

I’ll preface this by saying that I was criticized yesterday for being too positive and not worrying enough so take my observations for the apparent sunshine pumping that they are.... I’ll worry about the offense if they lay an egg at Purdue and even then I’d give them a little leniency to be better by the time they roll into Ames and Manhattan. The litmus test for me is UT. I’ll wait until then to fully jump on board the “we need a new OC” bandwagon. I couldn’t care less about most of what happened last night.
I’ve been a long time lurker here. I completely agree with this sentiment. The utter meltdown that is happening here is laughable.

jake102

How did the 2014 and 2015 teams start the seasons? IIRC the 2015 team started against Minnesota on the road and struggled.... granted that was a good Minnesota defense on the road. Quite a bit different.

I can’t remember if Minnesota was our 1st or 2nd game in 2014

Froggish

I loved the play calling...It was really good. I mean like National Title good. The things is, it was probably so good the players felt compelled to sort of just observe each other rather then contribute...

I don’t know how we are going to be able to keep Sonny much longer..

Wexahu

How did the 2014 and 2015 teams start the seasons? IIRC the 2015 team started against Minnesota on the road and struggled.... granted that was a good Minnesota defense on the road. Quite a bit different.

I can’t remember if Minnesota was our 1st or 2nd game in 2014

In 2014 we blew out SFA in the opener by 60+ points. In 2016 we looked like crap against SDSU, our season mirrored that game. I can’t remember who we played in ‘17 but we looked better.

I agree you can’t tell much from these games but good god last night was scary.

ticketfrog123

Despite all of the Rhodes scholars, doctors, and lawyers we have on here...nobody has mentioned the “live QB competition” might have complicated things a bit.

If Duggan played the whole game, half this place would be screaming playoffs.

Chongo94

I’m holding judgment I guess. My main issue is I hoped the red zone playcalling had improved but it sure didn’t seem like it last night.

We did actually target the TE once, but then seemed to promptly forget there is a position known as the TE.

Small steps I guess.

Edit: and it did seem like our wr substitution stuff wasn’t nearly as pronounced as it was last year.

Last edited:

Froggish

In 2014 we blew out SFA in the opener by 60+ points. In 2016 we looked like crap against SDSU, our season mirrored that game. I can’t remember who we played in ‘17 but we looked better.

I agree you can’t tell much from these games but good god last night was scary.

One thing I think you could tell is that players kind of want to know who’s going to win the job as much as we do.

Froggish

I don’t understand what you mean here. The WRs voted with their hands

What other player doesn’t know at this point?

It’s clear those WR hands you described don’t yet have a vote. GP is going to run the 2 QB system until he he can’t. The one thing we didn’t see was either QB face any stress. If Duggan can perform in that kind of environment then he’ll be the lone survivor of this battle. Until that environment happens it’s still a race to GP

ticketfrog123

It’s clear those WR hands you described don’t yet have a vote. GP is going to run the 2 QB system until he he can’t. The one thing we didn’t see was either QB face any stress. If Duggan can perform in that kind of environment then he’ll be the lone survivor of this battle. Until that environment happens it’s still a race to GP

Will you stop posting for the the next 12 months if we don’t run a 2 QB system during conference play?

We saw Delton get sacked at least twice.

@mods sign us up for a temporary ban bet if he agrees

Froggish

Will you stop posting for the the next 12 months if we don’t run a 2 QB system during conference play?

We saw Delton get sacked at least twice.

@mods sign us up for a temporary ban bet if he agrees

Dude what are you talking about? Where did I ever say we were going to make it into conference with a 2 QB system? Settle down..I only stated that I believe it will go on until we face a team that presents some real trouble. How each guy responds to that will determine who GP goes with permanently.

For what it’s worth I’m on record all over this forum as stating the Duggan era should begin now..today

ticketfrog123

Dude what are you talking about? Where did I ever say we were going to make it into conference with a 2 QB system? Settle down..I only stated that I believe it will go on until we face a team that presents some real trouble. How each guy responds to that will determine who GP goes with permanently.

For what it’s worth I’m on record all over this forum as stating the Duggan era should begin now..today

“GP will run the 2 QB system until he can’t” came off a bit strong...my opinion is he sure as hell cant run that against Purdue so it ended yesterday

Froggish

“GP will run the 2 QB system until he can’t” came off a bit strong...my opinion is he sure as hell cant run that against Purdue so it ended yesterday

We’ll see if your right but you heard his post game presser comments that he would continue to run the 2 headed system until 1 QB separates himself...Maybe he watches film and like many of us determines the race is over but I think there’s a pretty good possibility he gives it another game..again we’ll see

Latest posts