• The KillerFrogs

Game #1 Fan Game Day Experience

LeagueCityFrog

Longer read.

To start off the campus looked great. New business school, the redone founders statues plaza, etc.

Walking into Frog Alley from the student center portal is an amazing view of college football excitement. I know they moved the entrance of Frog Alley up to Stadium Drive last season because of construction, but the need to leave it there after the construction is done. It's perfect and better for the football team's Frog walk. Better exposure getting off at Stadium Drive.

The Tailgate guys area was popping and TCU has to have one of the best looking fanbases in America...by far...read into that what you will...like everywhere...

I ran the field with my kids then sat in north endzone section 111 for the first half of the game then the new Legends hospitality section for the second half.

The flyover, even though a classic WWII era plane, was still great, I liked the new team intro walk into the tunnel video, and I like the new entrance song. TCU Athletics needs to touch up the order of the team entrance before home game # 2. They should show the team in the tunnel first, like Nebraska does, while concurrently doing the new Go Frogs chant, run the intro video, send the team. Crowd noise will build and it flows way better.

I'm glad we kept 'All we do is win' as a pre kickoff song and retired Sandstorm. The people in my section liked the new Little John replacement song. Sandstorm was South Carolina's song first anyway.

The defense had good music when they came on the field. I don't remember the offense having a swag song consistently when they came out.

People around me were all peacefully enjoying a wide variety of beer options. Seemed happy. I think TCU should put out which beer was the most popular selection.

The new Jumbotron was awesome and so was the audio. Sorry audio complainers. The scale of that Eastside was also awesome. It is such a presence when you walk in the stadium. It seemed louder at the game and there was only 40,000 people there.

Everyone who checked us in at the Eastsiders Legends VIP area was very nice, my kids were to the moon on the food options, and it felt like a quality venue. Good job TCU Athletics.

As for the team, Garrett Wallow and Ochaun Mathis stuck out to me. #2, Keeyon Stewart, despite being beat once on that one deep pass and Gary chewing him out on various plays, looked legit to me.

I had said how awful our recievers' blocking was last year and how I had hoped Malcolm Kelly would have fixed that. I was wrong. Cumbie looks nervous on the sidelines and needs to go back up in the booth with Glasgow so the kids don't see that. It doesn't help. Have 'cooler than ice' Coach Luper, Malcolm Kelly, and O line coach Thomsen on the field sending in the plays and we are good. Have Delton run the ball more, and Duggan throw the ball more and those receivers and tight ends better run and screen block or bench them. Added bonus, I see Matthew Baldwin and Mike Collins getting a shot here as well. Duggan is going to be great.

Overall, the atmosphere felt like "Club Carter" did in 2014 and 2015 and the weather was great for an August 31st in Texas home game. Looking forward to us getting better and winning the Purdue game and then looking forward to us continuing to improve and beat the Vegas spread in 3 weeks when we play SMU at home.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

tcudoc

The word “portal” has seen a resurgence the past year and a half that is similar to the resurgence that the word “vetted” saw a couple of years ago.

4 Oaks Frog

Longer read.

To start off the campus looked great. New business school, the redone founders statues plaza, etc.

Walking into Frog Alley from the student center portal is an amazing view of college football excitement. I know they moved the entrance of Frog Alley up to Stadium Drive last season because of construction, but the need to leave it there after the construction is done. It's perfect and better for the football team's Frog walk. Better exposure getting off at Stadium Drive.

The Tailgate guys area was popping and TCU has to have one of the best looking fanbases in America...by far...read into that what you will...like everywhere...

I ran the field with my kids then sat in north endzone section 111 for the first half of the game then the new Legends hospitality section for the second half.

The flyover, even though a classic WWII era plane, was still great, I liked the new team intro walk into the tunnel video, and I like the new entrance song. TCU Athletics needs to touch up the order of the team entrance before home game # 2. They should show the team in the tunnel first, like Nebraska does, while concurrently doing the new Go Frogs chant, run the intro video, send the team. Crowd noise will build and it flows way better.

I'm glad we kept 'All we do is win' as a pre kickoff song and retired Sandstorm. The people in my section liked the new Little John replacement song. Sandstorm was South Carolina's song first anyway.

The defense had good music when they came on the field. I don't remember the offense having a swag song consistently when they came out.

People around me were all peacefully enjoying a wide variety of beer options. Seemed happy. I think TCU should put out which beer was the most popular selection.

The new Jumbotron was awesome and so was the audio. Sorry audio complainers. The scale of that Eastside was also awesome. It is such a presence when you walk in the stadium. It seemed louder at the game and there was only 40,000 people there.

Everyone who checked us in at the Eastsiders Legends VIP area was very nice, my kids were to the moon on the food options, and it felt like a quality venue. Good job TCU Athletics.

As for the team, Garrett Wallow and Ochaun Mathis stuck out to me. #2, Keeyon Stewart, despite being beat once on that one deep pass and Gary chewing him out on various plays, looked legit to me.

I had said how awful our recievers' blocking was last year and how I had hoped Malcolm Kelly would have fixed that. I was wrong. Cumbie looks nervous on the sidelines and needs to go back up in the booth with Glasgow so the kids don't see that. It doesn't help. Have 'cooler than ice' Coach Luper, Malcolm Kelly, and O line coach Thomsen on the field sending in the plays and we are good. Have Delton run the ball more, and Duggan throw the ball more and those receivers and tight ends better run and screen block or bench them. Added bonus, I see Matthew Baldwin and Mike Collins getting a shot here as well. Duggan is going to be great.

Overall, the atmosphere felt like "Club Carter" like it did in 2014 and 2015 and the weather was great for an August 31st in Texas home game. Looking forward to us getting better and winning the Purdue game and then looking forward to us continuing to improve and beat the Vegas spread in 3 weeks when we play SMU at home.

Go Frogs!
You are right. Long read, but good write and good read!
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

LeagueCityFrog

Also... Bookstore selection was great and all three different bathroom facilities we used during the day were all clean.

1st class experience we had yesterday.

Fortress Frog

Longer read.

This. The intro video was great and I loved the tunnel camera. I don’t know why they decided to switch the intro video to before the Go Frogs chant. All the features were cool but the order was all jacked up.