• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan should be our starting quarterback.

Purple Cavalier

What was evident to me was Delton’s arm isn't in the same league as Duggan’s. Some of the sideline throws Delton made were floating. They’re pick-6 for a better defense. There are spots for him, but few and far between...maybe red zone.

CountryFrog

The term "those are pick 6's against a better defense" gets thrown around here as often as the word "literally" among a group of 20-something ladies during a Sunday brunch. I've been reading it about every QB the Frogs have put on the field since Patrick Batteaux.

Pick 6's are actually incredibly rare in the real world.

TX_Krötenechse

By stats, by team performance, and by the eye test Duggan was better. I can’t really see any argument for starting Delton over Duggan at Purdue. For the people saying that he might struggle in that environment, I just don’t think it will matter very much. We can mix Delton in with some designed runs and trick plays and rely on the run to start the game and then let him take the reins as he gets comfortable.

SuperBarrFrog

The only way we can get the ball deep to Reagor is with a Duggan. I’m sure Delton is a great human and perfect guy to date your sister, but he ain’t a QB. Let the kid loose and take our lumps; maybe we’ll still come out with wins and be way better come the tougher part of our schedule.

froginmn

The only way we can get the ball deep to Reagor is with a Duggan. I’m sure Delton is a great human and perfect guy to date your sister, but he ain’t a QB. Let the kid loose and take our lumps; maybe we’ll still come out with wins and be way better come the tougher part of our schedule.
I don't disagree with the opinion that Duggan is likely a better play going forward, but Delton accounted for more total offense.

Let's not pretend he's on the field because he's somebody's nephew. He also hit Hights from 50 yards away.

SuperBarrFrog

I don't disagree with the opinion that Duggan is likely a better play going forward, but Delton accounted for more total offense.

Let's not pretend he's on the field because he's somebody's nephew. He also hit Hights from 50 yards away.

His throws looked like dead ducks. There is no other argument.

froginmn

His throws looked like dead ducks. There is no other argument.
The quarterback position isn't about throwing footballs into Dr Pepper cans.

And Gary Patterson likes to force the opposition to game plan against multiple things.

Max is clearly a better passer; Alex brings another dynamic into play.

SuperBarrFrog

And Gary Patterson likes to force the opposition to game plan against multiple things.

So what exactly is your argument for Delton? He could be a nice fullback blocking for Sewo.

MTfrog5

Delton isn’t that far ahead of Duggan when it comes to speed

DelFrog

It won’t matter who the QB is if the offensive execution, particularly the OL and WRs, doesn't Improve dramatically before BIG 12 play begins.

kidkarr

It won’t matter. Cumbie has no idea what he is doing.
Liked your post and mostly agree, but the job he did for the lady 5 games last year gave me some confidence. Maybe he needs to be in a jam to realize that you have to put whoever is on the field in positions to succeed. When we are “healthy “ our scheme sucks.

JugbandFrog

Liked your post and mostly agree, but the job he did for the lady 5 games last year gave me some confidence. Maybe he needs to be in a jam to realize that you have to put whoever is on the field in positions to succeed. When we are “healthy “ our scheme sucks.
I LOVE the tight end. The kid can block, and he has the perfect frame for the role. He gets i to second level fast. They need to use him more to stretch the middle of the field.

froginmn

So what exactly is your argument for Delton? He could be a nice fullback blocking for Sewo.
I said I wasn't arguing for Delton, just saying that your statement that Delton isn't a QB is silly.

Delton is an entirely different look and keeps the opponent from game planning just against Max. And somehow he got more total offense than Max.

I suppose you could have your leading rusher block for someone else, but that comment sounds as smart as the one that says Delton isn't a QB. You do realize that Delton outgained Sewo, right?