• The KillerFrogs

Fire whoever is in charge of gameday experience.

Horny4TCU

Anyone else wait in line for a good 15 minutes only to find out their machine wasn't taking cards?

Yeah, pissed me off something royal. You don't have multiple lines open accepting cards without a warning that the card service is down for the one you're standing in. It took everything in me, not yell at the person behind the counter (but it wasn't their fault, and I realized that). I don't know who to complain to, but it was a piss performance on the gameday experience team tonight.

LeagueCityFrog

We had a great experience at the first home game. Only change I would make is flipping the pregame crowd 'Go Frogs chant' and make it right after the Showgirl entrance and then that quality intro video right before the team comes out and they are good. There was a weird delay and disjointed build up. Show the team in the tunnel while doing the new Go Frogs chant, run the intro video, send the team. Crowd noise will build and it flows way better.

Great fan experience tonight, and great weather.

I really try to avoid this subject but...

I have no idea what they are thinking with the player intro. They played the video, some guy started the Go Frogs, and the team unceremoniously ran onto the field. Very bush league.

The constant blaring of rap music between plays, including when our guys were trying to line up on offense, was just sensory overload for me. Not to mention that there is no way it helps with pre-snap communication.

So much for the idea that a new sound system balanced throughout the stadium was part of the upgrade. It was the same single source, played at a volume that was literally painful to me sitting on the opposite 30 yard line from the speakers.

Thankfully, they resorted to a more traditional format the second half in terms of the kickoffs and between plays but I just wanted to go to a football game, not find the limits of what it would take to make my ears bleed. It was honestly the least enjoyable TCU home game I have ever attended.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I really try to avoid this subject but...

I have no idea what they are thinking with the player intro. They played the video, some guy started the Go Frogs, and the team unceremoniously ran onto the field. Very bush league.

The constant blaring of rap music between plays, including when our guys were trying to line up on offense, was just sensory overload for me. Not to mention that there is no way it helps with pre-snap communication.

So much for the idea that a new sound system balanced throughout the stadium was part of the upgrade. It was the same single source, played at a volume that was literally painful to me sitting on the opposite 30 yard line from the speakers.

Thankfully, they resorted to a more traditional format the second half in terms of the kickoffs and between plays but I just wanted to go to a football game, not find the limits of what it would take to make my ears bleed. It was honestly the least enjoyable TCU home game I have ever attended.
Jesus scheissing Christ.

Showtime Joe 2.0

A couple of thoughts about the new scoreboard:

1) For all the offseason hype about how big the new scoreboard was going to be, it didn't appear all that huge to me. Perhaps part of the problem was . . .

2) Approximately 10% of the bottom of the scoreboard was covered by logos from sponsors! Now, if the athletic department is going to brag about how big its scoreboard is, why make it, for all intents and purposes, 10% smaller than its actual size? Or are those ads being used to pay for it?

The increasing commercialization of college football continues to irk me though I guess there's not much we can do about it. Can I get an amen or a +4 from somebody?

CountryFrog

Well, that is a very substantive response. Were you at the game? If so, please enlighten me as to where my opinions are wrong.
Technically I suppose it's impossible to have a wrong OPINION but it is very possible to have a stupid opinion.

It's a football game, not a 5 star restaurant/hotel/spa/everything you want it to be. Watch the damn game and stop complaining about the music during timeouts and the drink selection.

Technically I suppose it's impossible to have a wrong OPINION but it is very possible to have a stupid opinion.

It's a football game, not a 5 star restaurant/hotel/spa/everything you want it to be. Watch the damn game and stop complaining about the music during timeouts and the drink selection.
Again, not a substantive response. Were you at the game? Can you actually state that anything I said was wrong. I'm not looking for a spa experience. I would like the team intro to actually feature and excite the players instead of some idiot yelling go frogs followed by the players running out of the tunnel to silence. I would prefer the offense to be able to communicate without music blaring in their ears between plays. I would prefer the sound level to allow me to enjoy being somewhere instead of feel like my ears are about to explode. This has been pointed out repeatedly by those who actually attend the games since the utilization of the single source sound system. I said nothing about music during timeouts or the drink selection so don't be an [ Arschloch] arguing against something I didn't say. The drink selection was excellent.

YA

2) Approximately 10% of the bottom of the scoreboard was covered by logos from sponsors! Now, if the athletic department is going to brag about how big its scoreboard is, why make it, for all intents and purposes, 10% smaller than its actual size?
100% on this one. The ads take away from the board. It needs to change. There were plays on the screen that certain players were not even seen because of the ads.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Again, not a substantive response. Were you at the game? Can you actually state that anything I said was wrong. I'm not looking for a spa experience. I would like the team intro to actually feature and excite the players instead of some idiot yelling go frogs followed by the players running out of the tunnel to silence. I would prefer the offense to be able to communicate without music blaring in their ears between plays. I would prefer the sound level to allow me to enjoy being somewhere instead of feel like my ears are about to explode. This has been pointed out repeatedly by those who actually attend the games since the utilization of the single source sound system. I said nothing about music during timeouts or the drink selection so don't be an [ Arschloch] arguing against something I didn't say. The drink selection was excellent.
I attend every game. I think it needs to be louder.

You should wear earmuffs. Hell, I’d like to buy you a pair. It sounds like you need one.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Embarrassment. The fact that they have to mic the marching band and pump it through speakers, the sound of which then competes with the band as it plays, but at a fraction of a second late, makes it seem like some CIA torture at Guantanamo.

Timing of everything seems off. I’d chalk it up to the first game, but it’s been like that for years. This isn’t TCU's fault, but with the TV timeouts, going to a live game is only a fraction more exciting than getting a driver's license renewed at the DMV. I mean I like the fan cams as much as the next guy, but I’m sitting there bored out my mind, thinking I’m paying this much money for this? Poor ROI.

Embarrassment. The fact that they have to mic the marching band and pump it through speakers, the sound of which then competes with the band as it plays, but at a fraction of a second late, makes it seem like some CIA torture at Guantanamo.

Timing of everything seems off. I’d chalk it up to the first game, but it’s been like that for years. This isn’t TCU's fault, but with the TV timeouts, going to a live game is only a fraction more exciting than getting a driver's license renewed at the DMV. I mean I like the fan cams as much as the next guy, but I’m sitting there bored out my mind, thinking I’m paying this much money for this? Poor ROI.

You're paying money for football.