• The KillerFrogs

New season same Sonny Cumbie

Wexahu

As frustrating as it is to watch our passing game at times, IMO an “underrated” part of this offense’s suck factor is the running game. It’s just so freaking vanilla and unimaginative. The same play almost always, linemen never drive blocking, hardly ever any unique blocking schemes, it’s just awful to watch over and over again. We supposedly have a decent OL and some very talented backs and we just waste it on stupid finesse air raid crap. I don’t want to overreact but it’s hard not to, I absolutely hate watching this offense. It’s soft, it’s boring, and it’s stale as hell. I hope to heck we were just intentionally doing everything super vanilla on purpose but I’ve seen enough to know that’s wishful thinking.

Horny4TCU

GP was on Cumbie's arse at the end of the first half through the rest of the game. Didn't appear too happy with those calls.
GP better start earning that head coach money and kick some offensive coach butt and caring about the other side of the ball more. Clearly his defense is in a good spot, and Cumbie/the offense is not.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I've had enough of the Cumbie show. New season, same bs. Maybe Fuente gets fired from VaTech at the end of the season, and we can bring him back as OC. Something has to change.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
GP better start earning that head coach money and kick some offensive coach butt and caring about the other side of the ball more. Clearly his defense is in a good spot, and Cumbie/the offense is not.

Yep, offense has wasted several great defenses of GP’s over the years, time to manage and ensure better outcomes

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
I've had enough of the Cumbie show. New season, same bs. Maybe Fuente gets fired from VaTech at the end of the season, and we can bring him back as OC. Something has to change.
Was thinking of this same scenario yesterday, only problem is Fuente runs a very outdated offensive system

DelFrog

I wasn’t thrilled with Cumbie’s game plan, but when the offensive execution is poor... meaning no push by the OL, WRs that can’t block or catch very well and RBs that were very modest at best... the play calling shouldn’t be your major concern.

Armadillo

Hey Wes, I actually thought the play calling between the 20's was adequate for this type of game (opener, against a Div II program, not wanting to show too much, etc). Like the at&t commercial, it was just okay. But we did move the ball between the 20's I thought.

But some of the drops by the receivers were killers. And the red zone play calling left me shaking my head, again. I agree with most on here we really need to run the darn ball more in the red zone.

Hope you were able to enjoy the game with a fine whiskey and some purple Hoka's!!

Lackluster play calling

Where’s the running game?

Not sure he can scheme very well

The plays seem to be poorly designed and take a long time to develop

I know, we don’t want to show Purdue too much

Well, mission accomplished. We aren’t showing them anything