• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

TX_Krötenechse

There are that many 'city image' pretentious people in Dallas? Or any city? Can a city actually be 'pretentious'? They'll always be those kinds of folks, of course, but they're such a tiny percentage of any city they're barely a blip on the day to day radar screen. Oh, you hear about them, maybe, or read something in the paper.

Austin's got quite a few people who like they're 'keep it weird' image, but that doesn't mean that entire group is pretentious about it, it just means they really like that image.

I'm sure Dallas has city image pretentious people. But their % is so tiny, and their impact so small (except for helping to fund some pretty cool places to experience culture - gotta give credit where it is due!), I can't imagine coming home from a day out and saying, "OMG, this is such a pretentious city!"
I have lived in Dallas for ten years and never once have I encountered anyone who gives the smallest scheiss about how the city is perceived, beyond being annoyed that people hate it. Dallas is no more pretentious that any other city with a lot of rich people in it.

Mean Purple

I have lived in Dallas for ten years and never once have I encountered anyone who gives the smallest scheiss about how the city is perceived, beyond being annoyed that people hate it. Dallas is no more pretentious that any other city with a lot of rich people in it.
I've been working in Dallas circles for 20 years and meet plenty of people who are way too concerned with the Dallas image. I don't think they realize they are in that mode when they do it. "A fish doesn't know it's wet" sorta thing.

Chongo94

I mean when there’s a bar with a neon sign that states, “Keep Dallas Pretentious,” even if it is meant a bit tongue-in-cheek, you kinda know what the general vibe of the city is.

SwissArmyFrog

I mean when there’s a bar with a neon sign that states, “Keep Dallas Pretentious,” even if it is meant a bit tongue-in-cheek, you kinda know what the general vibe of the city is.

Or it just means numbskull #1 told numbskull #2 that Dallas was pretentious, and numbskull #2 made a sign. Or numbskull #2 wasn't a numbskull, didn't believe numskull #1, but thought a sign would be funny, anyway :)

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
What is this?!

257A784A-36AB-48B4-9A64-92B554EAFA19.gif