Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

My life as a Dad

“Don’t hit your brother!” for 14 years

“Why didn’t you hit that receiver!?!?!” Now

Visualize and Attack

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13538-1389393795-1.gif

Purp

NWLA fam will be at the Carter for the opener. Excited to see the upgrades and hopefully see a few of you. I usually see Phormer, Riggs and last season I was able to meet PeaceFrog and Ron Swanson. It’s almost that time fellas and Q!
If you're going to be around the tennis lot you're welcome to join us. Should be setting up early around 1:30 - 2. PM me if you want to stop by and I'll tell you how to find us.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Hey @tcudoc , I have an oldie but a goodie for you. When you're standing at the head of the table and it's real quiet in the OR, look down at your patient's head and ask (loud enough for the crew to hear), "Hey! Is dandruff supposed to move?" It's always good for a laugh.

TCURiggs

Anyone know how Riggs is doing? He's in my thoughts every day and I hope he's improving.
tenor.gif

Doing great, Q. Thanks. Just ready to dive head-first into this PT/rehab so I can get all of my strength back (I already feel pretty damn strong, all things considered, though). Had my first appointment this a.m., and was expecting to go in there guns blazing, but I ended up just answering a bunch of questions and walking up and down the hall for 6 minutes. Ha. Think I can get after it at my first real session on Tuesday, though.

I've always been a live-wire, so I'm curious to see where I end up with this damn artery wide open. Nothing but a positive attitude, as well. Very fortunate/blessed/lucky to be here, so it'll be hard for me to find a bad day any time soon.

TCURiggs

So one of the two initial heroes was a Tanglewood/neighborhood Dad (Cliff), with whom we have mutual friends but had never met. The second initial hero was a Dr who lives in the area, who we've discovered we also had mutual friends with (Shivas being one). Anyway, I wanted to share Cliff's wife's post about the incident, just to show how incredible of a circumstance it was. Her words are pretty impressive, and the miracle is worth sharing, IMO:

I’ve always been a firm believer that God makes divine appointments, and one of those just happened to be last Sunday, the night before the first day of school. I was at Target across town, and Cliff had just returned from a lake trip with the littles. We were chatting on the phone about dinner and some of the things I needed weren’t in Target, so he decided to run to the grocery store nearby, not our “normal” one, but one he knew would be less busy... As fate would have it, Cliff was finishing his shopping when he saw two men standing quite panicked over what appeared to be a body on the ground. Cliff walked toward the men and asked what happened and they had no information but encouraged him not to touch the man. Cliff hollered for a checker he’d become familiar with and asked her to call 9-1-1, and then told the bag boy standing closely to run across the street to the fire station. From there, he asked them to ask over the intercom if there were any doctors or nurses there, and before he knew it, a doctor was by his side. The doctor reached to feel for a pulse on the man and found none. Cliff asked him to help turn him over, and he immediately initiated chest compressions. The doctor guided Cliff, telling him to go faster, until the firemen rushed in and took over. He did not realize his wife and children had been waiting in the car until they rushed in when they saw the fire trucks. He grabbed the kiddos as the wife rushed to her husband’s side, and as the situation seemed to become under control, he proceeded home to share the story with me. He was so shaken, a father and husband he did not know, someone’s son had suffered something grave, and he called the store later that night for an update to no avail... he’d barely sleep that night. The next day at school he was searching for familiar faces and thought he saw a friend who came in to grab the kids, but it turned out not to be her. At lunch, I received a call from my friend (XXXXX) confirming that is was a mutual friend’s husband I’d just met this summer, a Tanglewood dad, a beloved man of many friends and he was alive! He’d suffered a “widow maker” heart attack at 36 years of age; a fit, crossfitter and active guy whose genetics landed him in a life changing moment. He was in a medically induced coma in the hospital, and we waited and prayed with bated breath that he would pull through for his family he so dearly loves. On Wednesday morning, I reached out to his precious wife Jen and she simply responded with “I want to see y’all.” On Friday morning, we walked onto floor four of the cardiology wing at Harris Methodist to the most moving and tearful moment between Jen and Cliff, his precious mother, brother, and mother-in-law, and we all boohooed that Kyle was alive and well, and this chance meeting was life altering for both him and Cliff. As cliff walked into the hospital room with Kyle, It took my breath away seeing the gentleman that cliff once did not know but chose to stop and render aid... They are bound now in the most miraculous of ways, and to this I say, don’t doubt God. He put everything there in Albertsons right down to the fire station next door to save Kyle Riggs. He makes no mistakes. He put Cliff, a man who has saved his own son’s life through rendering CPR by his side, and a doctor buying dental floss in the grocery store that day. This morning, we met for breakfast, and I couldn’t stop looking across from me at the lively healthy man sitting next to his beautiful wife in awe, thinking of how it could’ve all changed on a dime. I must admit, I am grateful for all of the people who run toward instead of away from crises. Kyle’s story has already touched so many, and it has been a wake up call for Cliff to go have a much needed stress test and checkup. Kyle’s chances for survival were 6%, and as he met with the firefighters yesterday, they said most every story like his rarely renders such a beautiful outcome. I cannot stop praising God; thank you for the life of Kyle Riggs. Friends, listen to your bodies and take care of your souls, life is so fragile and precious, and you never know when it may be your chance to rush to the aid of another. We are all connected, and I’m forever grateful for the bond created between these two amazing men.

tcudoc

Hey @tcudoc , I have an oldie but a goodie for you. When you're standing at the head of the table and it's real quiet in the OR, look down at your patient's head and ask (loud enough for the crew to hear), "Hey! Is dandruff supposed to move?" It's always good for a laugh.
That stuff might get you a trip to HR nowadays. It is very different than it was even 10 years ago.