• The KillerFrogs

GP Frog Club Lunch today

Pharm Frog

One of the premier arms in MLB in recent years and maybe the LAST guy you’d ever think this would apply to had to have his mom sent by the team to live with him his first summer in pro ball so he wouldn’t quit and come home. No, I’m not telling you who it is.

I can think of three or four players very recently who would likely still be players instead of lawn maintenance guys if their mothers had come to stay with them and kick their ass when it was needed. I can also think of one that you would know quite well who started out by screwing up his family relationships from the very beginning of his post-high school experience but luckily some forgiveness and maturity kicked in before he fell into the too large bin of wasted talent.

YA

Talked about a kid who had some first half mistakes as a freshman on the road--at halftime he was on the phone with his mom--GP told him he was crazy and don't let the team see him doing that or he would be given a hard time by upperclassman--guy is still on team making plays.

Something makes me recall the first half at Arkansas and a certain freshman wide receiver.
different game and different conference--GP didn't mention the name just the game and the position

Purp

One of the premier arms in MLB in recent years and maybe the LAST guy you’d ever think this would apply to had to have his mom sent by the team to live with him his first summer in pro ball so he wouldn’t quit and come home. No, I’m not telling you who it is.
How does this pitcher feel about the baseballs this year?

Austintxfrog94

Any chance they get Mark Cohen onto the field to perform this function?

VOU2Pgu.gif

Greatest moment in TCU Football since The Rose Bowl

audiofrog

The Freshman who called his mom should remind us...these are 18-23 YO males. They are big and strong and look like grown men, but they are only physically. Some doctors among us can remind us which part of the brain does not really develop until after age 20. Car insurance companies certainly know the difference. Glad I am not a college coach...not patient enough. Or would end up drinking too much.

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of this Still remember one day when my kids high school lost in the playoffs. Our big, college bound DE was sobbing like a 3 year old. Tough to see at that age the look like grown ass men but are still in many ways little kids

Billy Clyde

I must be trapped in a 32 year old body with a 20 something brain....

I believe the premise was, "past 20." How *long* after 20 can apparently very wildly. I'm well into my 50's, I believe I detect some minor growth in that brain segment... But I try to pass it off as just needing a nap.