• The KillerFrogs

2019 Depth Chart

asleep003

For me, Bolisomi, at R guard, able to beat out 2 returning guards with a total of 14 starts between them is very interesting … and the fact that Hollins could take the backup at L guard over those same 2 backups at right guard, is also very very surprising.

MinFrog

Crazy, but just about our entire defense is either a senior or a freshmen. There were two big recruiting year misses on defense.

And our entire WR corps will be back minus Hights and Reagor.

tcumaniac

Is it weird that I’m paranoid that our Aussie punter has been named the holder on Kicks?...I can’t imagine he’s was exposed to much of that before landing in FTW
Was thinking the same thing. Doubt he was exposed to any of it at all. I met him at a wedding a while back when he had just gotten to Fort Worth, and he said he basically had zero football experience.

Froggish

For me, Bolisomi, at R guard, able to beat out 2 returning guards with a total of 14 starts between them is very interesting … and the fact that Hollins could take the backup at L guard over those same 2 backups at right guard, is also very very surprising.

I’m not buying much of that OL depth chart. Wes / McKinney will probably get the start against Purdue with Bolisomi going back to playing behind Niang. It’s been said that Wes isn’t playing this week as he’s dinged up. We are always pretty fluid across the line. Meyer played all over the place last year.

Betting
OTs - Niang and McKinney
G s Cordell and Wes
C - McMillon

Will eventually be your starting 5

CountryFrog

Is it weird that I’m paranoid that our Aussie punter has been named the holder on Kicks?...I can’t imagine he’s was exposed to much of that before landing in FTW
Holding is one of those things that you basically can either do it or you can't. Past experience is really not necessary. You catch the ball spin it and put it down. I was our holder in High School many many years ago and it took me about 5 reps to get the hang of it.

Sandy can't punt for an entire practice so he'll have loads of time every day to work on it with the kickers. That's really the only thing that takes a little time is just getting the timing down with your kicker and how he wants the ball placement to be.

Eight

I’m not buying much of that OL depth chart. Wes / McKinney will probably get the start against Purdue with Bolisomi going back to playing behind Niang. It’s been said that Wes isn’t playing this week as he’s dinged up. We are always pretty fluid across the line. Meyer played all over the place last year.

Betting
OTs - Niang and McKinney
G s Cordell and Wes
C - McMillon

Will eventually be your starting 5

i agree with you and babyface about the impact of fall camp injuries have had on the depth chart and i do agree we will see some things change over the first month or so of the season.

one thing i have noticed in the offensive line is a number of players who have been playing multiple positions and thomsen has shown he isn't afraid to slide players around to get his best five on the field.

additionally, i think after what happened last year where the frogs had no real depth in the interior line and the impact of the injury to cordel i think seeing a player like david slid inside against apb while most likely is a reward for his work is also a chance to see what the frogs may or may not have if someone gets hurts.

finally, i don't think any of these depth charts are written in stone when it comes to dealing with a starter going down for a prolonged period of time.

riffram2011

I'm a little surprised Barlow didn't crack the depth chart given how highly GP praised him during camp. Perhaps a great testament to RB depth! *crosses fingers*

McGregor's Goat

Like others, I'm surprised to see White and Bolisomi starting on the o-line, and that Ellis III isn't listed on the depth chart. I'm a bit skeptical about some of these and will wait until the Purdue game to see who the "real" starters are.

The "OR" at QB is both annoying and expected. I'm curious to see how many guys will play. If the game is over at halftime, I'll be interested to see if Rogers plays in the second half.

Froggish

I'm a little surprised Barlow didn't crack the depth chart given how highly GP praised him during camp. Perhaps a great testament to RB depth! *crosses fingers*

I think it’s hard to tell guys that you’ve been to war with that a true freshman is taking your job. No need to show a guy up on a depth chart. The best players will rise up and win playing time and ultimately snaps are more important than being listed on a depth chart.

CountryFrog

Like others, I'm surprised to see White and Bolisomi starting on the o-line, and that Ellis III isn't listed on the depth chart. I'm a bit skeptical about some of these and will wait until the Purdue game to see who the "real" starters are.

The "OR" at QB is both annoying and expected. I'm curious to see how many guys will play. If the game is over at halftime, I'll be interested to see if Rogers plays in the second half.
If the game is NOT over at halftime then I'll be interested how many people on here have committed suicide.

mesohornedfrog

Looks like the initial plan for him and Foster is to redshirt and get them each four games based on GP's comments today. Makes sense based on the talent in the backfield, only so many touches to go around. We'll see how the current guys hold up throughout the year.

Froggish

If the stories about Barkley being uncoverable in camp are true, that WR core looks to be pretty salty. Apparently Barkley was so good they moved him from backing up Reagor to the wide guy opposite him so they can get him on the field with Reagor. Reagor, Barkley with Tay on the field should really stretch it. Let's hope Delton can deliver it.

Moose Stuff

Surprise--White over McKinney
Great to see that Coker and Karter Johnson are as good as billed.
I know there is little option but I do worry about the beating Van Zandt's small frame will take.
Also noticed the number of true freshmen in the 2-deep.

10 true freshmen on 2 deep of you include P and K.

TX_Krötenechse

If the stories about Barkley being uncoverable in camp are true, that WR core looks to be pretty salty. Apparently Barkley was so good they moved him from backing up Reagor to the wide guy opposite him so they can get him on the field with Reagor. Reagor, Barkley with Tay on the field should really stretch it. Let's hope Delton can deliver it.

Is Barkley the one who was having trouble catching the ball? I’ve seen a lot of seasons of TCU receivers with the dropsies and hope Kelly has finally gotten that firmly sorted out.